- The property is in a central location.
- Most of the rooms have small kitchens.
- Skiers can use the ‘Ski Outpost’ (a ski storage building right on the slopes) so they don’t have to carry their skis any further than necessary.
- Great options for a few nights stay on a grand Colorado Roadtrip!
- Some of the rooms look directly onto other buildings.
- The Woodstone Grill in the lobby serves a buffet breakfast and dinner.
- There is no official hotel shuttle to Crested Butte town, but the free mountain shuttle leaves regularly (it stops right by the hotel).
- Communal laundry on-site for added convenience.
You probably don’t need Scout to point out that when it comes to good value ski resort lodging, choices can be fairly limited. Plus, the more affordable options tend to be located a long walk away from the main village. But The Grand Lodge, we’re happy to report, is an exception to the rule – offering great value in a highly convenient location.
Rates are a bit lower than staying at other hotels, and you can get a decent king room that’s facing the mountain, with full-service hotel facilities, all within steps of the lifts for a great price. There are very few hotels in a ski resort as great as Crested Butte that offer this much value – which is why it’s not surprising that The Grand Lodge has so many return visitors.
Bear in mind however that the rooms are not luxurious – the hotel was refurbished in 2007 and some of it is starting to feel old. But on the plus side, the hotel was built with longer stays in mind, so all of the rooms (except the kings) have kitchen facilities. Most also have queen or king murphy beds in the living areas (with proper mattresses) so it’s the perfect set-up for groups of friends, or for families who don’t want to purchase two rooms.
The Grand Lodge also features a great indoor/outdoor heated pool and a large hot tub (although just one hot tub for a 220 room hotel makes for a bit of tight squeeze – or a party!). There is also a small gym and steam room for you to enjoy. The Woodstone Grill is a popular spot for lunch and dinner, and the Deli offers fresh Starbucks coffee and grab-and-go breakfast.
For families seeking a really great value condo in the heart of the resort base area, you can't go past the Grand Lodge.
Who should stay here
If you want to be close to the action in Crested Butte and are willing to sacrifice luxury for value, Grand Lodge the hotel for you.
Just steps from the ski slopes, The Grand Lodge is situated in Crested Butte Mountain Village (which itself is just a short five minute drive from Crested Butte town), close to local restaurants, bars, and the chairlift!
Find a great map of the Crested Butte Ski Resort area and location of The Grand Lodge here.
- Hotel shuttle provided
About Crested Butte
Crested Butte, with its steeps looming above gentle beginner slopes, is the perfect playground for more adventurous families where luxury is not necessarily important. They’ll mix quite happily with ski bums who come to the resort for its expert terrain and a laid-back, hippie personality. Its historic downtown area is incredibly picturesque - old Victorian mining buildings surrounded by steep mountains with some fantastic restaurants and bars. Excellent ski school, impeccable grooming, and good variety of accommodation rounds out the reasons why Crested Butte is a terrific choice for a ski holiday.
Read more about Crested Butte and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- airport transportation (surcharge)
- area shuttle (complimentary)
- babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- banquet facilities
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- free parking
- free wired high-speed internet
- gift shops or newsstand
- in-room accessibility
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- pets allowed
- picnic area
- roll-in shower
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- security guard
- shopping on site
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- spa services on site
- steam room
- swimming pool
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Grand Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.