- The hotel has a fabulous outdoor pool and hot tub area
- The onsite bar, Mallard Lounge, has great cocktails and a fun après scene
- Huge bathrooms with rainfall showers
- Easy access to the slopes via the new Blackcomb Gondola situated right out the front
- Upgrade to Fairmont Gold for personalised service, breakfast included in your stay, and all-day lunch/snacks provided
- Enjoy some quiet time in the barrel saunas and full-service bar at the pool area
- Head to Portobello for a quick lunch (and the most amazing maple glazed donuts!)
- Suite rooms can interconnect making it the perfect option for families
Fairmont Chateau Whistler would have to be one of the biggest ski hotels in North America. At 528 rooms it’s so big that it even has its own hotel within a hotel – Fairmont Gold – with a separate check-in area, lounge and rooms. Built in 1988, this hotel has been around for a while. All Fairmont hotels are designed in the style of a French chateau – and the sheer size of the Fairmont Whistler makes it feel almost like you’re staying in a castle. (Fairmont made its name from constructing equally large and spectacular hotels along the tourist railway lines in Canada).
It should be noted however that if you’re looking for peace and quiet you should try someplace else, as Fairmont Whistler is constantly hustling and bustling. But for a family that wants luxury facilities, several dining options, and the convenience of being close to everything (including the ski school), this is a great choice. Your kids will love the indoor/outdoor pool area, while adults can take advantage of the recently renovated gym, full service bar and wonderful wooden barrel saunas.. There’s also a lap pool with four large hot tubs in which you can soak your tired ski muscles.
The rooms and suites do not include kitchenette facilities, however, there are some fantastic dining options located within the hotel and only a short walk away in the Blackcomb and Whistler villages. The Mallard is particularly great for a light lunch or evening meal, The Wildflower is the go-to spot for a hearty breakfast, or head to the The Chalet for some memorable fondue. Portobello has undergone an extensive renovation and is now open daily for breakfast, lunch and après (and a wonderful smokehouse dinner).
As you might expect from a hotel of such grandeur, the rooms are luxurious and the bathrooms equally so (although only the Fairmont Gold rooms have fireplaces). Suite rooms are interconnecting and allow a king room and double queen room to be joined for families. Many rooms also offer a sleeper sofa for extra guests. There’s a price difference between rooms with valley views and those that look towards the slopes. Pick one with a slope view if you must, but the valley view is really quite spectacular (and it’s the less expensive one).
Fairmont Whistler is for families who want all the luxuries and facilities of a big corporate-style hotel, and who want to be close to the ski school, slopes, restaurants, bars and shops.
The Fairmont Whistler hotel is located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, and all of the upper village services are right there (including restaurants, bars, ski school, lifts and shops). Whistler Village is just a short 5 minute walk away.
Find a great map of the Whistler Village area and location of the Fairmont Chateau Whistler here. Fairmont Whistler is the large orange building 74.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler is spectacular in many ways. Whether it’s the two gigantic mountains delivering more than 8000ac (3237ha) of skiing, the jaw-dropping scenery, a village life that puts most major cities to shame or terrain that is steep enough to give even the most extreme skiers an adrenaline rush, you will never be short of being amazed at Whistler. Long the favorite of skiers everywhere, Whistler became even more famous when it hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics and showed itself off to the world. Whether you’re a family of beginners or training to be an instructor, anyone will have a blast at Whistler.
Read more about Whistler Blackcomb and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- business center
- business services
- coffee shop or café
- concierge desk
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- express check-out
- full-service health spa
- garage parking (surcharge)
- gift shops or newsstand
- health club
- in-room accessibility
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- multilingual staff
- pets allowed
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- self parking (surcharge)
- shopping on site
- ski passes available
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- spa services on site
- spa tub
- steam room
- swimming pool - indoor
- swimming pool - outdoor
- You must present a photo ID when checking in.
- Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.
- Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival.
- The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking.
- Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
- Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4 PM Check-out time is 11 AM
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.