- This is the Banff region’s only ski-in ski-out accommodation option
- Many of the rooms provide views of the slopes and mountains
- If you get a West Wing Premier Room, you can ski right up to your door
- The hotel’s games room includes a pool table, foosball table, and a Nintendo Wii (a great way to keep the kids entertained)
- There are two restaurants and one bar that operate in the village at night
- You will need to arrive before the gondola shuts in order to access the hotel and transport your luggage. If you arrive after 5.30pm a fee applies for a tractor to take you up the hill
- There are quite a few reports of noise travelling between rooms – particularly if you’re staying in one of the main lodge rooms – bring your earplugs
- Due to its remote mountain location, the Wi-Fi reception can sometimes be sketchy
Sunshine Mountain Lodge is a fantastic option for skiers who love staying right on the mountain. The hotel is located at Sunshine Village’s resort base, which means it is just a gondola ride up the mountain.
A stay at Sunshine Mountain Lodge is certainly going to be a relaxing one. Since Sunshine Village doesn’t have a true ski village, and since this is the only accommodation on the mountain, your options are pretty well limited to skiing, eating, sleeping and soaking in the 40 person hot tub (Banff's largest outdoor hot tub!). You don’t need to drive anywhere and getting to the lifts each morning is as easy as walking out the front door.
Staying here is certainly a unique experience since you can only access the lodge via a gondola. To do this, you can either valet park your car at the gondola base, or catch a shuttle from Banff. Then you can jump in the gondola while your luggage is whisked up the mountain – which will be magically waiting for you in your room when you’ve finished the day’s skiing.
Many of the rooms are in the located in the part of the building that’s 20 years old, and therefore have a traditional ski lodge feel throughout. Many offer a good choice of view; either the spectacular Mountain Views or ‘Waterfall’ Views – which we think actually have a very pleasant, peaceful outlook onto snow-covered fir trees. These deluxe rooms boast a queen bed and single trundle. The Lodge Suites are a little nicer, and more spacious with a nice living area, fireplaces, balconies, and fantastic views of the mountain through floor to ceiling windows. They also feature a king bed, with a sleeper sofa available in a few of the units.
The West Wing (a separate building to the Main Lodge) has some fantastic updated rooms called Premier Rooms. Furnishings have a modern alpine feel with upgraded amenities, and boast a queen bed (and second murphy bed if needed), and private ground floor patio which allows you to ski right up to your room! The Loft Rooms in the West Wing are our top choice - featuring stunning views of Lookout Mountain through wonderful floor to ceiling windows. Each unit boasts a king bed in the loft and private bath, with an additional queen bed and queen murphy on the main floor. These rooms are perfect for families!
The facilities at the Sunshine Mountain Lodge are perfectly fine for a short stay. There’s a huge 40 person outdoor hot tub, a small gym, a lounge, a family room and kids game room to keep the little ones entertained each evening. There is also an on-site day spa for massage treatments. The lodge also offers a good choice of complimentary activities to guests, including use of snowshoes and toboggans, and has large ski lockers.
There are a handful of restaurants to choose from including Eagle's Nest Canadian Bistro, The Chimney Corner, and Mad Trappers Smokehouse, so the lodge is perfect for families who are happy to dine in-house restaurants on rotation. On Friday nights, you can head into Banff for the evening and catch the 10 p.m. last gondola back to the lodge. A shuttle bus is available to take you to and from the town of Banff.
Sunshine Mountain Lodge is a top choice for families in Banff who seek ski-in ski-out convenience, and a more intimate stay away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Banff.
Sunshine Mountain Lodge is great for couples who want a romantic snowy escape, or families who want the fun and convenience of staying right on the slopes. We recommend staying here 2 or 3 nights – a week may be a bit long.
Sunshine Mountain Lodge is located at the Sunshine Village ski area base, right on the ski slopes. It is accessed via gondola from the parking lot, about a 20 minute drive from downtown Banff.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Sunshine Village
With its hugely varied terrain and decent snowfalls, Sunshine Village ski resort has some of the best skiing in the Banff area.
Read more about Sunshine Village and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- arcade/game room
- billiards or pool table
- coffee shop or café
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- fitness facilities
- number of restaurants - 3
- room service (limited hours)
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- spa services on site
- spa tub
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Sunshine Mountain Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.