- Incredible 20,000 sqft spa with fitness, wellness, spa and beauty services available
- The spa has a poolside drinks service
- On-demand shuttle service to the slopes
- Great choice of restaurants on-site and nearby
- Bowling and arcade games in the recreation room - fun for all the family
- Ski storage lockers are available mountainside so you don't need to bring your gear back and forth each day
- The service in Gretchen's can be a little slow when they are busy
- Good range of rooms and suites to suit both couples and families
- The Duchin Room no longer offers live music and dancing as it did in years gone by
Sun Valley Lodge is something of an institution in this region thanks to its 80 year history, charming interiors and past celebrity guests. It has recently undergone a remodel which has allowed the rooms to be updated with more modern interiors while trying to retain classic touches throughout. Long-standing return visitors may be saddened to hear of the loss of live music and dancing in The Duchin Room but first-time travelers will be astounded by the world-class spa, spacious bedrooms and the wealth of entertainment facilities on-site.
Scout loves the sense of history at Sun Valley Lodge. It can take 20 minutes just to walk down each corridor as you admire the historic photos of the visitors and parties at the Lodge with Hollywood glamour mixing and mingling with presidents and other celebrities. Fortunately the Duchin Room still feels like a throw-back to those days and is the place to be in the afternoon and evening - the martinis are hard to beat.
A range of rooms and suites are available at Sun Valley Lodge which welcome both couples and families. Most rooms include king beds or two queens, with the option of using a fold-out bed in the lounge area. Rooms here also include all standard hotel facilities and a daily housekeeping service is provided.
The spa at Sun Valley Lodge is reason alone to visit, with a huge outdoor pool (with a poolside beverage service), hot tubs, spa treatments, yoga classes and a fitness suite available. If you're not a spa kind of person, why not enjoy the recreation facilities available such as arcade games, fussball and the bowling alley. Right outside of Sun Valley Lodge is the year-round ice skating rink where you can have lessons or just enjoy skating round in your own time.
Sun Valley Lodge guests have access to both Baldy and Dollar Mountains via the free shuttle service so you can choose the ski runs that suit your level.
Sun Valley Lodge is a perfect choice for couples, families or ski trip groups who are looking for a hotel with plenty of on-site facilities.
Sun Valley Lodge is located in the heart of Sun Valley, with all the amenities you'll need during your ski vacation right on your doorstep. Everything apart from the slopes, that is, although thanks to the free shuttle service they are not far away either! Sun Valley Lodge is closest to the Dollar Mountain area of the ski resort.
Find a great map of the Sun Valley resort area and location of the Sun Valley Lodge here.
- Hotel shuttle provided
About Sun Valley
Sun Valley is a great mix of modern ski resort and the cowboy Wild West, with fantastic terrain to explore and a long history with skiing. Home to the first chairlift, Sun Valley has played a major role in sculpting the modern ski resorts we see today. Enjoy two mountains of terrain, including long wide groomers, and off-piste trails for even the most avid powderhound. Many refer to a trip to Sun Valley as 'roughing it in style'.
20/21 SKI RESORT OPERATIONS: Sun Valley will be making changes to mountain access and resort facilities, and implementing safety protocols for this season. Up-to-date information for Sun Valley can be found here.
Read more about Sun Valley and other hotels in the area.
- Spa Treatments
- Outdoor Pool
- Hot Tubs
- Beauty Treatments
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Classes
- Bowling Alley
- Arcade Games
- Shuttle Service
- Mountainside Ski Storage
- Daily Housekeeping
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Stay 7 Pay 5 Early Bird Offer!
Stay 7 Pay 5 at Sun Valley Inn & Lodge. T&Cs Apply.
Book early and save with Stay 7 Pay 5 or Stay 10 Pay 7 offers at Sun Valley Inn & Sun Valley Lodge! T&Cs apply. Blackout dates apply.
|Valid: Jan 4, 2021 - Apr 4, 2021, book by Mar 31, 2021|
|February 12 - 15, 2021.|
* Please Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.