- Adorable puppets (made locally) are placed on every bed.
- For a hotel with a central village location, there are some very peaceful room options.
- The decor is funky and fresh, a nice change from standard hotel furnishings in Whistler.
- Basic kitchen facilities are provided in every room.
- The ski valet can also tune your skis (for a charge).
- The location is central to most of the village, although it is about a 10 minute walk in ski boots to the lifts (the hotel offers a loop shuttle as an alternative to walking).
- Take a morning off and enjoy a lazy breakfast at the onsite cafe (or grab and go for those powder days).
- Only the higher up rooms really have some mountain views. They face the street which can get some noise.
- Corner suites offer a little more space to spread out.
It’s not easy to find a ski hotel with the perfect balance of everything. The best value properties are usually a long way from everything, and tend to scrimp on things like finishes and furnishings. At the opposite end of the scale, sometimes the ultra-luxurious properties can feel over-the-top, as well as being well above most people’s budget. So when Scout sees a hotel that gets the balance just right, we like to celebrate it. The Summit Lodge and Spa is one of those.
Summit Lodge is located just off Whistler Village Stroll, so it’s close to plenty of shops, restaurants, bars, grocers and liquor stores – all only steps away. There are also a number of transport options within close proximity of the hotel. But because it’s not directly on the Village Stroll, this hotel is also slightly more peaceful than the other hotels that are directly on the main street. This is a good thing, since Whistler is renowned for being a party town that can create noise at all hours of the night.
The chairlifts are a little further away than some of the other value-oriented properties, but if the 10 minute walk in ski boots is too much, the hotel provides a shuttle bus service that runs on a constant loop in the mornings and afternoons.
Even without the prime location, it’s the feeling of the place and the clever design of the rooms that, when you factor in the price, all adds ups to unbeatable value. What we love most about this hotel is its down-to-earth and friendly atmosphere – especially the fact that dogs are welcomed (this is the only hotel on Scout that allows them to stay for absolutely no extra charge). Your dog will even get a little welcome sign and treat on arrival, and their own doggie bed in the room.
All of the rooms, even the most basic ‘Deluxe Studio’ rooms have balconies, fireplaces and kitchenettes that include a two-burner stovetop. It won’t be hard to make a basic meal here, which means you get even better value for your money. And except for the double queen rooms, all suites and studios have pullout sofas in their living areas, providing an extra bed for kids. The decor throughout is funky and bright (somewhat modern and chic) which is a wonderful change from the typical ski resort hotel room. There are no connecting rooms, but the hotel can organise them to be adjacent from one another.
There is no restaurant on site, however, you can grab-and-go from the newly added cafe, or stick around for a coffee break (the space is perfect for those on a working holiday and needing to answer a few emails).
The Summit Lodge is perfect for couples and families seeking good-value lodging in Whistler, not to far from the action.
Summit Lodge is for skiers who want style with their great value, a convenient location, a bit of peace and quiet, and who don’t mind being a short distance from the lifts. It's perfect for younger couples and friends.
The Summit Lodge is located just off the main Whistler Village Stroll – right near the Marketplace Supermarket and all of the Village’s restaurants and bars. It’s about a 10 minute walk in ski boots to the base of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains – a hotel shuttle bus also does morning and afternoon loops for skiers. Whistler is about 2.5 hours from Vancouver Airport.
Find a great map of the Whistler Village area and location of Summit Lodge here. Summit lodge is blue number 49 next to the words Main Street.
- <10 min walk to lifts
- Hotel shuttle provided
About Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler is spectacular in many ways. Whether it’s the two gigantic mountains delivering more than 8000ac (3237ha) of skiing, the jaw-dropping scenery, a village life that puts most major cities to shame or terrain that is steep enough to give even the most extreme skiers an adrenaline rush, you will never be short of being amazed at Whistler. Long the favorite of skiers everywhere, Whistler became even more famous when it hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics and showed itself off to the world. Whether you’re a family of beginners or training to be an instructor, anyone will have a blast at Whistler.
Read more about Whistler Blackcomb and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- air-conditioned public areas
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- health club
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- multilingual staff
- number of restaurants - 2
- parking (surcharge)
- pets allowed
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- spa services on site
- spa tub
- swimming pool - outdoor
- You must present a photo ID when checking in.
- Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.
- Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival.
- The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking.
- Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Summit Lodge & Spa. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.