- The European heritage and influence & history oozing throughout the lodge.
- The stunning views from the mountain or valley-facing rooms.
- The huge living areas with fireplaces in the condos.
- Loved by the many loyal guests who return year-in-year-out, it’s come to represent everything that’s great about Deer Valley.
- The hotel has a ski-in ski-out location with its own lift access.
- The incredible ski valet service.
- Hotel rooms & 1 bedroom units can be connected (perfect for families).
- Some of the condos have been more recently updated by their individual owners, but all furnishings are stipulated by the hotel and so are kept within a certain style.
- A buffet breakfast is included in the rate.
- Some rooms face the courtyard so Scout recommends requesting a mountain view (they're worth it!). The corner rooms are spectacular but come at a higher rate.
- Spend quality time at the 5-star spa facility.
Deer Valley itself is one of the more recent additions to the North American ski scene, having been established in 1981. Stein Ericksen was instrumental in the development of the resort – bringing an element of luxury to the ski circuit, as well as a high level of service. Popular with families, the hotel still maintains its original mountain lodge structure. Whatever you do, make sure you visit the lodge area within the hotel to see the cabinet full of amazing trophies and medals from Stein’s career.
Situated close to the Silver Lake Lodge base area, Stein Eriksen Lodge is famous for its service-focused approach, and also for its rooms – which are large and tastefully decorated. Walking along the stoned paths that snake throughout the property, the hotel feels more like a smaller condo village rather than a lodge. Even the lounge areas are marvellous – Scout spent some time just sitting on a sofa, in awe of the views. They’re so good it would be hard to tear yourself away for skiing, but then again Deer Valley’s perfectly groomed runs are always calling.
Each room has similar decor throughout, and the option of hotel-style rooms or 1 bedroom condos. These can be interconnected through a private lobby, making a perfect home away from home for families. The lodge is undergoing constant upgrades to maintain its 5 star name, and the newer rooms are tastefully decorated in modern mountain style, and have gas fireplaces instead of wood. One thing to note are the sofa beds - which boast the same mattress as a standard bed - a rarity in the hotel industry.
The lodge is in a prime position for skiing, and the ski valets make it supremely easy to get yourself onto the snow. And after you’ve filled up on the delicious buffet breakfast that’s included in the rate, you’ll have energy to burn. Lunch is provided daily for hotel guests, so you spend more time on snow.
If, however, skiing isn’t your thing, there’s always the free yoga classes, the beautiful spa or the well-equipped gym to keep you occupied – or perhaps you could enjoy a spot of shopping at one of the hotel’s many stores. Newly added to Stein Eriksen is a movie theatre (with free popcorn), operating Fridays & Sundays (or on request). An evening at the award-winning Glitretind restaurant is a must, with locally sourced produce & fantastic cocktails, and a perfect way to sign off another great day on the slopes.
Stein Eriksen Lodge would suit a more refined, conservative guest who appreciates the historical significance of the hotel, and who wants full luxury without it being too flashy.
The Stein Ericksen Lodge is located on the Deer Valley slopes, a short distance from the Silver Lake Lodge ski area base. It provides easy ski-in ski-out access, and a hotel shuttle service takes guests to downtown Park City twice every hour.
Find a great map of the Deer Valley resort area and location of the Stein Ericksen Lodge here.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Deer Valley
Deer Valley is the ultimate in ski luxury, from its perfect corduroy groomers, to the ski valets who carry your skis from your car to the slopes, or the freshly baked choc-chip cookies at the end of the day, this resort really has thought of everything when it comes to making you happy. Sadly, snowboarders miss out – they’re not welcome at Deer Valley – and it’s this fact that makes it so attractive to many skiers. Multiple winner of the 'Best U.S Resort' title at the World Ski Awards, the Deer Valley resort itself, the facilities, the service (and of course the snow), just has to be experienced to be believed!
Read more about Deer Valley and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- air-conditioned public areas
- arcade/game room
- area shuttle (complimentary)
- babysitting or childcare
- coffee/tea in lobby
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge desk
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fireplace in lobby
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- full-service health spa
- gift shops or newsstand
- hair salon
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- number of restaurants - 2
- poolside bar
- room service (24 hours)
- secure parking
- security guard
- shopping on site
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- steam room
- swimming pool - outdoor
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Stein Eriksen Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.