- Fantastic early bird deals for great value
- Prime ski-in ski-out access
- A visit to the Takakura onsen is a must after a long day skiing
Shizukuishi ski resort itself is owned by the Prince Hotel group, so it only fitting that there is only one full-service hotel to choose from - the Shizukuishi Prince Hotel. In an unbeatable ski-in ski-out location, the hotel offers everything you need (and nothing you don't) for a simple, but comfortable, ski trip. Like many of the larger hotels in Japan, the Prince Hotel oozes with 80's charm, but lets face it, we kind of love this (and the quirkiness that often comes with heading off-the-beaten-path).
Shizukuishi Prince Hotel is smaller than the other more well-known Prince Hotels in Japanese Ski Resorts (like Naeba and Shiga Kogen), so one should not expect all the bells and whistles of a larger purpose built ski area. However, if you're looking for authentic Japanese hospitality (and to get away from the international scene), it is the perfect addition to a multi-resort trip. The hotel offers a variety of room options, some renovated and some non-renovated (those on the Superior floor are a little nicer and have been updated), and come in twin share (two single beds) or triple share (with an additional sleeper sofa bed). The Superior floor rooms boast lovely gold accents, crisp white bedding, and have an overall soothing mountain vibe - for the small difference in price, an upgrade to these rooms from the Standard rooms (the local indigo dye is featured heavily here) is highly recommended. One thing to note, the Superior rooms also come with a coffee machine (quite rare in Japan!).
The views from the rooms do vary depending on which side you are located on, however, as there are no other buildings surrounding the hotel, you're spoilt for choice between a lovely valley view (and of Mt Iwate) and views of the ski slopes.
The Shizukuishi Prince Hotel boasts a handful of restaurants to choose from. Their Prince Room offers standard Western/Japanese buffet fare, while the main dining room (Kobushi), treats guests to french fine dining (with a Japanese fusion). A must-visit when in Shizukuishi is the Takakura Onsen - a certified hot spring site and absolutely the best place to be after a fantastic day skiing. You could spend all afternoon soaking away just watching the carp in the nearby steam swim by.
The Prince Hotel offers all the standard facilities including free parking, high speed internet, coin laundry and on-site coffee shop for your morning pick-me-up.
There is only one full-service hotel in Shizukuishi ski resort so your choices are quite limited, however, the Shizukuishi Prince Hotel is a fantastic choice, particularly for skiers wanting a home base during a multi-resort roadtrip.
The Shizukuishi Prince Hotel is ideal for solo skiers and small families who don't need the bells and whistles of a larger purpose-built ski resort.
Shizukuishi Prince Hotel is located ski-in ski-out on the slopes of the ski resort. The resort is situated in the Iwate prefecture in North Eastern Japan, approximately 30 minutes drive from Morioka (two hours via the Shinkansen from Tokyo). The Prince Hotel offers a complimentary shuttle from Morioka train station to the resort.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
You've probably never heard of a little resort called Shizukuishi - and it's a good thing you haven't! One of the last remaining ski resorts in Japan that has stayed relatively free from Western influence, Shizukuishi offers fantastic advanced skiing, super dry snow, and spectacular views of Mt. Iwate (the highest mountain in the Iwate prefecture). Located about an hour from Morioka on the southern island of Honshu, Shizukuishi has something for everyone and a perfect for those skiers seeking their next untouched Japan ski destination.
Read more about Shizukuishi and other hotels in the area.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Shizukuishi Prince Hotel. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.