- This hotel is a shrine to Japanese kitsch. If you relax and go with it, you’ll have a great time.
- There are a variety of different restaurants to choose from, with a few international options.
- Guests have access to some great indoor pool facilities – which are especially good for kids.
- The whole resort does have a bit of a dated 1980s feel (although it’s very clean and well maintained).
- Make your dinner reservations ahead of time, and expect a busy, buffet style rather than a fine dining experience. Booking dinner as part of a package provides good value.
- Be prepared to line up for the buffet breakfast, or go outside of peak times.
- Some reviews suggest that the mattresses and pillows are hard.
There are two main hotels in Rusutsu: the ‘North and South Wing’ Hotel, and the Rusutsu Tower, now called the Rusutsu Westin. Most western skiers visit Rusutsu for a few days after spending a week or longer in Niseko, and North and South is well suited for this purpose. They are convenient, comfortable and clean.
The North and South Wing, is situated at the West Mountain base area – the main resort base. There you will find about 12 restaurants and two bars (that open at 5.30pm) as well as a wide variety of services. This is also where the merry-go-round, arcade games, wave pool and slippery slide are located, conveniently close to the childcare facilities and the indoor carpet slope (for the kiddies). The hotel has ski-in ski-out access and is connected to the East Mountain ski area via a gondola (which is a short walk from the hotel)
The rooms in the Rusutsu Resort Hotel North and South Wing feature a mix of Japanese and Western furnishings, and the first thing you’ll notice is the pink and beige décor that looks like it has come straight out of the 1980s. It’s actually quite fun once you get used to it.
The rooms are a decent size and most of them have king size beds, which is unusual for Japan. The Japanese-style rooms have futons (that do look quite thin). Located in the north wing, the Junior Suites and Deluxe Family Rooms are huge and have large windows.
Powderhounds who want a unique and fun Japanese experience. Rusutsu is great to visit for a few days after spending a week in Niseko, and it also works as a standalone ski holiday. The North & South Wings are better suited to those that can't face the high prices at the Westin, or families who want to be closer to the family facilities.
The Rusutsu Resort Hotel is located at the base of the West Mountain ski slopes (which is near the ski school and the beginner slopes). The Rusutsu Resort Tower is connected to the Hotel via a monorail, and to the Eastern ski slopes via a chairlift.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Rusutsu Ski Resort in Hokkaido is a powder skiing and boarding paradise close to Niseko and Sapporo airports, with some hilarious Disneyland-style attractions on the side.
Read more about Rusutsu and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- Satellite TV
- Full Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Apple TV
- Drying Room
- Ski Storage
- arcade/game room
- coffee shop or café
- designated smoking areas
- fitness facilities
- full-service health spa
- grocery/convenience store
- multilingual staff
- multiple large conference rooms
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- swimming pool - indoor
- You must present a photo ID when checking in.
- Your credit card is charged at the time you book.
- Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.
- Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival.
- The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking.
- Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM Check-out time is 11 AM
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Rusutsu Resort Hotel North & South Wing. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.