- You can ski right up to the back door of the hotel from the slopes.
- The friendly, laidback environment and the great service.
- Nice mountain views from some rooms on the higher floors.
- The townhomes are spacious with vaulted ceilings in the living areas, plus they have great facilities.
- One Ski Hill Place, which is only a short walk and gondola ride up the hill (from Mountain Thunder Lodge), offers great facilities such as a bowling alley and billiards table.
- While the property is ski-in, it’s not ski-out. However the gondola is only a short 5-7 minute walk via a tunnel underneath the road. They also have a shuttle to take you there.
- The main part of town is a short, flat walk away and there is also an on-call shuttle available until midnight.
- Some of the condos face a main road. Traffic noise might bother guests who are staying in these condos, however it shouldn’t be a problem for most.
- Studio rooms offer a pull-down Murphy bed that prevents the closet doors from opening fully.
- There are no on-site restaurant facilities.
Mountain Thunder Lodge is the perfect place to stay if you want all the facilities of a 5 star lodge, but without the price tag. Plus it offers maximum convenience: with its secluded ski-in location that’s only a short walk from the town of Breckenridge.
All of the condos and studio rooms are situated in two main buildings that were built around ten years ago, making them a little older than the townhouses. As a result, some of the furnishings in the main buildings may feel a little tired, despite the resort management group’s efforts to keep everything updated. However it’s not really worth worrying about – since everything else about this place is perfect – especially the (extremely reasonable) rates! Guests at Mountain Thunder Lodge are also able to access the facilities and amenities at neighbouring One Ski Hill Place, including the large number of family friendly activities.
Meanwhile, nestled in the trees surrounding these buildings are a number of cute townhouses that are a little newer. These are excellent – spacious, nicely decorated and offering everything a family or group could ever need including flexible bedding options, fully equipped kitchens and spacious living areas.
As for the service, it’s fantastic! The staff are incredibly friendly, and are happy to take care of everything for you – including arranging to have groceries delivered to your condo before you arrive. There is an on-call shuttle service to get you to and from the main town. This allows you to maximize your time in Breckenridge, so you can get the most out of the slopes. In addition, there are numerous outdoor hot tubs are located throughout the property and the outdoor pool is especially scenic. Other amenities include outdoor grills, two fitness rooms, laundry facilities, and private ski storage.
Mountain Thunder Lodge is a fantastic mid-range condo complex that boasts a top ski-in location and easy access to downtown Breckenridge.
Mountain Thunder Lodge would be great for families and groups of friends. If you have high expectations but don’t quite have the budget for a 5 star hotel, this is the place for you.
Mountain Thunder Lodge is well located just a short walk from the main town of Breckenridge. It is a simple 5-10 minute walk to the Breck Connect gondola which can take you to Peak 7 & 8 and easy access to resort facilities like ski school. A hotel shuttle is also provided making it even easier to reach the slopes. The Lodge has ski-in access via the Skyway Skiway.
Find a great map of the Breckenridge Ski Resort and location of Mountain Thunder Lodge here.
- <10 min walk to lifts
- Hotel shuttle provided
Breckenridge Ski Resort, a.k.a. ‘Breck’, is one of North America's top two most visited ski resorts. It is located in Summit County, Colorado – in the mountain town of Breckenridge. The resort area spans over five huge peaks and with five terrain parks, two half-pipes, and eight alpine bowls, so there is great skiing for all abilities. Added to this is a hip, historic mining town, with a ton of great restaurants and bars, endless shopping, and a lively après scene, making Breckenridge one of the USA's most premier resorts.
Read more about Breckenridge and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- airport transportation
- barbecue grill(s)
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- laundry facilities
- parking garage
- picnic area
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- security guard
- self parking
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- spa tub
- swimming pool - outdoor
- television in lobby
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Mountain Thunder Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.