- The very friendly and knowledgeable staff
- The Japanese influence with western comforts
- The stunning views of the valley or mountains
- Its proximity to the ski lifts – a five minute walk up the hill
- Retro knick-knacks displayed around the place. They were actually found in the old building next door.
- The beautiful indoor and outdoor onsens
- A delicious hot breakfast is included in the nightly rate
- TV equipped with Apple TV
- Free wi-fi throughout the hotel
- The hotel has a waxing and repair room. The staff will even tune your gear for you (for a nominal sum)
- The Lodge is always fully booked so book in advance
- The lodge staff do arrival and departure shuttles from the train or bus stations.
Morino Lodge is a Scout favorite for so many reasons, but most particularly because of its friendly ski lodge style atmosphere where you’ll meet other keen skiers and potentially make friends for life. The lodge is primarily a western style lodge, but with little touches of Japanese influence.
Like its sister property in Hakuba, one of the best assets of Morino Lodge is the staff! All your needs are met and they will do everything possible to accommodate your requests, give advice and they’ll even tune your gear (for a small fee).
Although you’ll be exhausted from a day of powder skiing on the mountain, you certainly won’t have a problem getting to sleep at Morino Lodge – the beds are some of the most comfortable we’ve slept in in Japan! The rooms are equipped with modern amenities and you can catch up on your favorite ski movie at night as all the TVs are equipped with Apple TV, and all rooms get wifi connection (unlike many other hotels in Japan). Most of the rooms have showers but Scout actually preferred the indoor and outdoor onsen. Its water is sourced from iron rich hot spring water heated by the volcanic rocks beneath Myoko. The onsens are segregated so you do not share an onsen with the opposite sex, but like all onsen follow the rules and get nude – even if it is all westerners in there.
Morino Lodge has an on-site restaurant that serves a delicious western style breakfast daily. They do serve dinner most nights but you have to request for that the day prior. If you miss out, you will never go hungry as there are numerous dining options nearby. It also has a very comfortable lobby lounge area with a great bar that serves great cocktails. Great for before, during and after dinner.
There are extra facilities and amenities that the hotel provides such as laundry facilities, a drying room, and a waxing and repair room.
Morino Lodge is a favorite of families as they enjoy the relaxed communal atmosphere and kids hang out together. Morino is great for all people (with or without kids), but during January it is particularly busy with families.
You will never miss home when you stay at Morino Lodge. Its overall ambiance and atmosphere will make you think you are back in your own country until you go out and enjoy the ski slopes of Myoko. It is a hotel with international standards that you will definitely enjoy.
Morino Lodge is great for singles, couples or group of friends who want to enjoy the ski experience and indulge in western style comfort. It is perfect for families, particularly during January.
The guys at Morino Lodge were also great, again really helpful and friendly. It was a great location for kids. I think that we will definitely go back again one day. - Amy, Scout Customer
We loved Morino Lodge - lovely couple that run it and Myoko was a lot of fun. We loved the friendliness and helpfulness of Morino lodge and the fact there were so many kids staying with made it very social for mine. We liked the slight western atmosphere, a barista (bonus) and Western beds (yes Morino had the best beds) and an onsen. If we do go back to Myoko with our family only we would like to stay in Morino again. - Jeannie, Scout Customer
Morino Lodge is in a peaceful yet convenient location down a short hill from the main bus stop. It is just a five minute walk up to the Yodel triple lift at Akakura Onsen and the Champion 1 lift at Akakura Kanko. You can also take the free shuttle to the other major resorts. It is a 5-10 minute walk away from numerous dining options and bars in the area. The lodge staff do pick-ups and drop-offs for arrival and departure from the train or bus stations.
On this Myoko Kogen Village map Morino Myoko is located in the center.
- <5 min walk to lifts
About Myoko Kogen
Myoko Kogen combines so many excellent elements into one package; several great ski resorts, endless powder snow, relatively thin crowds, plenty of (permitted) tree skiing, a superb ski school, a friendly, traditional Japanese town, a range of accommodation options and easy access. It’s not surprising then that Myoko’s popularity has soared over the past few years.
Read more about Myoko Kogen and other hotels in the area.
- Free Wifi
- Laundry facilities
- Indoor/outdoor onsen
- Breakfast included
- Shuttle bus for arrival and departure
- Reception desk with limited hours
- Free Parking
- Lounge & Bar
- Drying Room
- Waxing & Repair Room
- Rooms have: TV/DVD/Apple TV, mini-fridge, Yukata
- Ensuite bathrooms
Arrival Details: If you have not booked your transfers via Scout, you will need to inform us of your arrival details at least a few days in advance so we can notify the hotel. Morino Lodge offers a pick up service from the local bus station or Myoko Train Station. If you would like Scout to arrange this for you we will need to know your arrival details at least 1 week prior to arrival. The hotel is approximately a 3 minute walk down-hill from the bus stop.
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Morino Lodge Myoko. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.