- The central location – nestled right in the heart of Crested Butte’s mountain village. Just a few steps and you’re on the slopes.
- This is one of the newest and most luxurious lodges in Crested Butte.
- There are plenty of restaurant options located at the entrance to the hotel.
- The on-site Whiskey Bar & lounge.
- The hotel is fully serviced with 24 hour reception, valet parking and daily housekeeping.
- Flexible bedding options & interconnected rooms available for families.
- The concierge will happily drive you into town.
- Views are variable and are allocated by request. Some of the rooms look into other buildings, while other rooms feature amazing views of the mountains or slopes.
- Full kitchen in all rooms except Studios (which have kitchenettes).
Just steps away from the ski slope action, the Lodge at Mountaineer Square provides the perfect solution for those who want a spacious, fully-equipped condo in the heart of the action.
Choose from a range of condos, from studios to three bedrooms. All of the condos (including the studio size) feature balconies, while the one-bedrooms and up also feature fireplaces, washers, dryers, and large well-equipped kitchens. Views are allocated by request, and they range widely (regardless of what kind of condo you select). Scout recommends asking for one with a slope-side or valley view.
Crested Butte is not known for its happening après, however, the Lodge is home to the great Tracker's Whiskey Bar & lounge. Plus has the best coffee shop on the mountain in-house (owned by the Rocky Mountain Biological Lab). Not to mention the warm and gooey cookies provided each afternoon in the lobby (a hit with the kids!). On-site amenities include enclosed heated parking, outdoor/indoor pool, outdoor hot tub, fitness center, sauna, steam room and enclosed walkways between buildings.
Being a full service condo and hotel complex, the Lodge & Mountaineer Square is a perfect option for a longer stay within Crested Butte lodging, with everything you need in the one convenient location. What more could you want?
The Lodge at Mountaineer Square is perfect for anyone looking for a little bit of luxury in Crested Butte, Scout thinks this hotel is cut above the rest.
Located right in the middle of Crested Butte Mountain Village, The Lodge at Mountaineer Square is just steps from the lifts, and is practically ski-in. Crested Butte Mountain Village has plenty of dining options and Crested Butte town (with its amazing variety of dining and bars) is just a five minute drive down the hill by car. You also have the option of catching the free mountain shuttle bus, which leaves from right outside the hotel.
Find a great map of the Crested Butte Mountain base area and location of the Lodge at Mountaineer Square here.
- Short walk to lifts
About Crested Butte
Crested Butte, with its steeps looming above gentle beginner slopes, is the perfect playground for more adventurous families where luxury is not necessarily important. They’ll mix quite happily with ski bums who come to the resort for its expert terrain and a laid-back, hippie personality. Its historic downtown area is incredibly picturesque - old Victorian mining buildings surrounded by steep mountains with some fantastic restaurants and bars. Excellent ski school, impeccable grooming, and good variety of accommodation rounds out the reasons why Crested Butte is a terrific choice for a ski holiday.
Read more about Crested Butte and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- air-conditioned public areas
- airport transportation (surcharge)
- area shuttle (complimentary)
- barbecue grill(s)
- coffee shop or café
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- health club
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- number of bars/lounges 2
- number of restaurants - 2
- parking (surcharge)
- rooftop terrace
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- secure parking
- security guard
- shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- shopping on site
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- swimming pool - outdoor
- television in lobby
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Lodge at Mountaineer Square. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.