- There are roaring wood-burning fireplaces in the lobby and some of the rooms.
- Delicious cookies are available for guests to snack on in the lobby.
- Breakfast is included in the rate (and it includes hot items).
- There are big, comfy lounge chairs in the rooms for you to relax into.
- The on-demand shuttle will take you downtown and to the ski area base.
- The personalized service is excellent.
- Rooms come with Keurig coffee makers.
- The hotel is within walking distance of downtown Ketchum (about 5-7 mins).
- When booking, request a north facing mountainside room for the best sunlight, sunsets and views.
- Fireplace rooms are worth a little splurge.
- A resort fee is charged per night to cover the cost of breakfast, bottled water, heated boot storage, Wi-Fi, on-demand shuttle and access to the gym at the YMCA.
With just 29 rooms, the Knob Hill Inn provides an intimate and personalized experience – yet also the level of luxury you’d expect from a large hotel. The staff here are incredibly friendly, and they go out of their way to treat every guest like royalty.
The hotel’s architecture has been influenced by Austrian mountain chalets, which creates a feeling of cozy tranquility. Since it was built (in 1992) it has undergone several renovations, including a refurbishment of all the guestrooms. It might look like a traditional European chalet from the outside, but inside everything is decidedly modern and new.
Scout loves the rooms that are generous in size, and come with comfortable, contemporary mountain-style furnishings. While all the rooms here are gorgeous, the fireplace rooms are a little larger in size, with a lovely sitting area and – as the name suggests – a wood-burning fireplace. (The fireplace is set every day by housekeeping). Most of the rooms come with a small wet bar with mini fridge for convenience, while the Baldy Two Bedroom Suite is the largest of the offerings and boasts a fantastic full kitchen.
The hotel’s restaurant, The Grill, is a popular choice for all visitors to the valley – and as a guest you’ll be given priority reservations. A full continental breakfast is included in the nightly rate, with buffet item offerings changing daily.
At the end of a hard day on the slopes you will love the hotel’s indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. And if for some reason you still have energy to burn, guests are given day passes to the nearby YMCA which features a large lap pool and gym equipment.
Although the Knob Hill Inn is within easy walking distance of all of Ketchum’s downtown offerings, the hotel offers an on-demand shuttle in the evenings to the town. There is also a shuttle service for Bald and Dollar mountains in the mornings and afternoons.
Knob Hill Inn is great for skiers who are looking for a luxurious boutique mountain hotel in a convenient downtown location in Sun Valley.
Knob Hill Inn is about a 5-7 minute walk from downtown Ketchum and a short drive from the base areas of Bald and Dollar mountains. The hotel runs an on-demand shuttle to the downtown area in the evenings and to the ski resorts in the mornings and afternoons. They can also offer transfers from the airport.
Find a great map of the Sun Valley resort area and location of Knob Hill Inn in Ketchum here.
- Hotel shuttle provided
About Sun Valley
Sun Valley is a great mix of modern ski resort and the cowboy Wild West, with fantastic terrain to explore and a long history with skiing. Home to the first chairlift, Sun Valley has played a major role in sculpting the modern ski resorts we see today. Enjoy two mountains of terrain, including long wide groomers, and off-piste trails for even the most avid powderhound. Many refer to a trip to Sun Valley as 'roughing it in style'.
20/21 SKI RESORT OPERATIONS: Sun Valley will be making changes to mountain access and resort facilities, and implementing safety protocols for this season. Up-to-date information for Sun Valley can be found here.
Read more about Sun Valley and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- accessible bathroom
- accessible parking
- airport transportation (surcharge)
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- computer station
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fireplace in lobby
- fitness facilities
- in-room accessibility
- indoor pool
- luggage storage
- roll-in shower
- room service (limited hours)
- self parking (surcharge)
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- television in lobby
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Knob Hill Inn. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.