- Everything! There is just so much to love about Kimamaya
- The exceptionally personalized service
- This is a true boutique hotel, with no pretentiousness
- Kimamaya is decorated in a clean, modern style that’s also homely and relaxing. It’s part of the Design Hotels group
- There are two soaking tubs on offer for soothing tired ski muscles
- Guests are given a local mobile phone for the duration of their stay
- Kimamaya is small and popular – book early!
- Because it’s a small building, noise can sometimes carry over from neighboring rooms
- Don’t expect all the bells and whistles of a large 5-star hotel. This hotel is luxurious precisely because of its size, style and service
- There is a 5 night minimum stay over winter.
Situated right in the heart of Niseko Hirafu Village, Kimamaya is a true boutique hotel that offers an experience that’s not only luxurious, but unique.
From the outside, Kimamaya looks like a cute little weatherboard building. Beside it you’ll see the spectacular glass-fronted barn, which is the hotel’s restaurant – appropriately named ‘The Barn’.
When you walk through the front doors of the hotel, you’ll feel like you’re arriving at someone’s home. The managers greet you like long lost friends and the atmosphere is laidback and genuine. Contributing to the vibe is the cozy lounge area filled with huge leather couches. Here is the perfect place to kick back and relax with a hot chocolate or a glass of wine.
The rooms are a haven away from the hectic action on the slopes and in the village. We’re told that the designer wanted the rooms to communicate three things: warmth, friendliness and beauty. He definitely succeeded, and the dark gray, white and wood tones combine to create a style that feels modern, yet wonderfully comfortable.
Thanks to the hotel’s small size, the service is incredibly personal. To begin with, the staff will help with recommendations and reservations. Next, a big buffet breakfast is included in the rate (which is served every morning in The Barn). There’s also a weekly "drinks on the owner" that’s held in the lobby to encourage guests to get together. It gets better – when you check in you will be given a mobile phone that you can use for the duration of your stay to call the hotel at any time asking for help, recommendations, or a lift somewhere.
Kimamaya also has a small day spa within the hotel, with private soaking tubs (choose from wooden or stone) that can be rented out for no additional charge. The spa also offers massage services (that are great value).
Kimamaya is not for those that want large 5-star hotels with lots of facilities. Instead it's exceptional quality and personal service on a small scale and is actually great value for everything that you get. Just be sure to book early.
Kimamaya is great for couples seeking a romantic, luxurious getaway, or discerning families looking for the ultimate in service.
Kimamaya boutique hotel is located in central Hirafu in Niseko Ski Resort. You are therefore in the heart of the action close to ski slopes and restaurants, although The Barn on site is one of the best around! It is just under 10 minutes to walk to the nearest lift, however the hotel will also shuttle you to and from the slopes.
You can find a map of Niseko village here.
- <10 min walk to lifts
- Hotel shuttle provided
Whether you’re a powder hound seeking some of the lightest, driest snow in the world, or a beginner looking for a safe place to take your first turns, Niseko is a hit.
Read more about Niseko and other hotels in the area.
- Reception & concierge services
- Drying Room
- DVD Player
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Kimamaya. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.