- Every room has a view – peer out at the slopes in the morning, and in the evenings watch them light up for night skiing.
- The cottages are heavenly, private and worth the extra.
- All the luxuries of a large hotel, without it being oversized or impersonal.
- The hotel is set in a tranquil setting – but not too far from everything.
- The entry-level suites feature small kitchenettes with a cooktop, dishwasher and convection microwave – all cleverly hidden behind cupboards.
- The hotel is also home to a 10,000 square foot spa with steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools and meditation rooms that are available for all guests to use.
- While the property is not ski-in ski-out, if there is snow in the town skiers can ski right up to the back door (if they pick a path across the golf course and Nordic skiing track). It’s a gentle slope downhill from the base of the Silver Star lift.
- Although the hotel is a distance from town or resorts there is no need for a car. The hotel has shuttles that will take you to town and the base of the mountains. Additionally, the efficient (and eco-friendly) town bus system leaves regularly from right outside the hotel.
- The cottages are separate from the main hotel building.
In a place that seems to offer only budget and moderate condos or super-expensive luxury hotels, Hotel Park City provides a much-needed middle ground.
Its location isn’t central – just on the outskirts of downtown Park City and a whole mile away from Main Street – and it’s not at the base of the mountain either. The saving grace is, each room has sweeping views of Park City Mountain Resort, which at night glitters with lights from the night skiing. Plus it's along the free shuttle route, so easy access to downtown Park City and Canyons resort base.
Between the base of the mountain and the hotel is a golf course, which transforms into 12 miles of groomed cross country trails in winter. These are fun for skiers who want a change – and are also totally perfect for anyone who is staying at Hotel Park City, because it makes it possible for you to ski (with a few pushes) from the slopes right up to the back door of the hotel (snowboarders may need to catch the shuttle as it's quite flat).
The hotel itself is decorated in that stately mountain style we’ve all come to know and love – think leather sofas, historical prints on the walls, wooden beams overhead, and a green and brown color scheme. It can feel a bit dark, but the high ceilings and large windows let in plenty of light, and the fireplaces make the rooms feel warm and cozy. Plus, every room features a balcony. The entry-level rooms are Executive Suites, which are a cross between a studio and hotel room, offering a spacious king bed, separate living area with sleeper sofa, kitchenette and fireplace. The rooms get more grandiose from here on up, with more space and full kitchens on offer.
If you can afford it, it’s worth going up a notch to secure one of the cottage suites. These rooms are situated within several cottages that are dotted around the property. They’re slightly bigger than the other rooms – i.e. true one bedrooms with full kitchen facilities. But what makes them truly special are the private hot tubs, located on the balcony of each cottage, overlooking the snow-covered gardens and also sometimes providing a glimpse of mountain in the background. It’s not a bad way to end a hard day’s skiing: sitting in your own private hot tub, watching the twinkling lights of Park City Mountain in the distance through the snowfall.
Hotel Park City is a fabulous lodging option for a ski vacation in Park City, particularly for those who seek great hotel facilities and a bit of privacy on the outskirts of downtown.
This hotel would be great for a luxurious romantic getaway as it provides a little more peace and quiet than most of the downtown hotels.
Hotel Park City is located a mile from Main Street, and a short private hotel shuttle ride away from the Park City Mountain base. Park City skiers can ski/push on skis to the hotel via the golf course/Nordic course from the base of the Silver Star lift (although you will need to take your skis off at one point to cross a road and it is dependent on the snow conditions).
Canyons Mountain shuttles can pick skiers up from the hotel, and the public bus stop (for all areas including Deer Valley and Park City Main Street) is right outside the hotel’s front door.
- Hotel shuttle provided
About Park City
Park City has a combination of several elements that make it one of the best ski resorts in North America. Not only is it a world-class ski mountain but it’s a charming and happening town, all within 35 minutes of a major airport. There aren’t many places you can fly to in the morning and be skiing in the afternoon. Park City is also famous for hosting a third of the events during the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, as well as the annual Sundance Film Festival that sees the town bursting at the seams while the well-heeled and famous party. When a gondola was built connecting neighbouring Canyons resort to Park City Resort the area became one and the name Canyons was eventually dropped. Park City Mountain now offers a mammoth amount of terrain to explore (with two village bases - Mountain Village and Canyons Village), exceptional facilities for families, and lodging options to suit all budgets.
Read more about Park City and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- accessibility equipment for the deaf
- accessible bathroom
- accessible parking
- accessible path of travel
- air-conditioned public areas
- audiovisual equipment
- babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- banquet facilities
- business center
- coffee shop or café
- coffee/tea in lobby
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- event catering
- exhibit space
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- free garage parking
- free outdoor parking
- free self parking
- full-service health spa
- gift shops or newsstand
- in-room accessibility
- luggage storage
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- multilingual staff
- multiple large conference rooms
- number of floors - 3
- number of meeting/conference rooms - 7
- roll-in shower
- room service
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- security guard
- ski passes available
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- spa services on site
- steam room
- swimming pool - outdoor
- total number of rooms - 100
- tour assistance
- valet parking (surcharge)
- video library
- wedding services
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Park City. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.