- Wonderful history of the building and warm hospitality throughout
- Delicious buffet breakfast to start your day off right
- Plenty of throwbacks to local history including multiple visits by Ernest Hemingway
Situated in a historic building, formerly a post office and then an inn, Hotel de la Poste is owned and run by a local family, making it an ideal choice for those seeking authentic mountain hospitality in Cortina. It is warm and welcoming, with a classic elegant touch throughout, and oozing with rich history of the area.
The hotel rooms and suites at Hotel de la Poste differ in terms of furnishings and decor, each with its own identity and featuring classic wood and alpine styling. With 11 room types to choose from, and with a range of layouts including single/double/triple and connecting rooms, there is something to suit everyone. Some rooms feature additional luxuries including a jacuzzi, or balcony or panoramic terrace overlooking the mountains. The bedding varies between rooms. Many of the rooms have a wonderful classic feel to them, while others are more modern in decor. For those who love a bit of history, you can stay in the Hemingway room; a room-museum of sorts with plenty of character and personal items such as books and typewriter belonging to writer Ernest Hemingway (who has visited the hotel on multiple occasions).
Hotel de la Poste is well known among locals as one of the top places for dining and socialising. The Bar Grill boasts delicious local dishes and cocktails, while Il Posticino restaurant offers a sophisticated a la carte menu, refined dining spaces, and a sunny panorama terrace for outdoor dining. A delicious buffet breakfast is served daily, with a wide range of sweet and savoury items and fresh seasonal fare.
There is no on-site pool or spa, however, guests can use neighbouring facilities which offer an indoor pool and jacuzzi as well as Finnish sauna, Turkish bath and spa treatment rooms.
Located along Corso Italia, the main walking and shopping street in historic Cortina, Hotel de la Poste is a short 5 minutes walk to the slopes or guests can make the most of the local ski bus.
Hotel de la Poste is a wonderful ski hotel in the heart of Cortina, perfect for families and couples seeking authentic mountain hospitality with a historic twist.
Hotel de la Poste is perfect for families and couples who seek true mountain hospitality, a little history, and easy walking distance to the slopes and local restaurants and shops.
Hotel de la Poste is well situated in the centre of historic Cortina, located along Corso Italia, the main shopping and dining street. The ski lifts are a short 5 minute walk away or guests can make use of the local ski shuttle.
- <5 min walk to lifts
About Cortina d'Ampezzo
Cortina d’Ampezzo is the type of resort we imagine there would be if there were skiing in heaven. Spectacular scenery, wide, gentle open slopes, a charming and historic town and food and wine that’s, appropriately, to-die-for.
Read more about Cortina d'Ampezzo and other hotels in the area.
- Bar / Lounge
- Outdoor Terrace
- Close to ski shuttle
- Free Wifi
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel de la Poste. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.