- There are some great views from condos, particularly from those on the highest floor – offering sweeping slope-side or valley views.
- Guests can access a steam room and sauna, plus an outdoor hot tub.
- There are washing machines and dryers in every room.
You can’t get any closer to the Kicking Horse slopes than Glacier Mountain Lodge. Situated right at the ski area base, this is an excellent choice for those who want convenience together with comfort, style and some decent amenities.
Glacier Mountain Lodge was built during the Kicking Horse property development boom of 2004. In a slightly confusing way, it actually consists of two buildings named ‘Glacier Lodge’ and ‘Mountain Lodge’. Both are very similar and offer the same style of rooms.
The rooms have that ‘contemporary mountain’ look – with dark wood and leather offset against muted floral tones. We wouldn’t go so far to call the rooms luxurious, but they’re certainly pleasant and comfortable.
The queen hotel rooms are quite small – if you’re staying here longer than 2 nights you will start to feel a bit cramped. But the one and two bedroom condos are great, with roomy living areas (complete with gas fireplaces) and balconies. They also come with full-sized kitchens, which are perfectly adequate for week-long stays.
We particularly love the loft rooms which feel incredibly spacious thanks to their high ceilings. It is standard for the loft rooms to come with a queen bed, but if you’re travelling with the family you can request bunk beds.
Because of the property’s convenient location, there is a bar and a few restaurants located downstairs in the same building. There is also a small grocery store, a liquor store, some retail shops and a ski rental outlet.
Couples and families who want the most convenient accommodation in Kicking Horse.
Glacier Mountain Lodge is situated right at the base of Kicking Horse ski area. The gondola leaves from outside the building and all the resort’s facilities (including the ski school) are only a stone’s throw away.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Kicking Horse
Home to some of North America’s best expert terrain, Kicking Horse is still one of the best kept secrets in skiing. With over 60% of the terrain black and double-black diamond runs, Kicking Horse has earned a reputation for being one of the best resorts for advanced skiing and snowboarding. Being situated in the heart of British Columbia, snowfall is abundant and it's light, dry powder is a major drawcard (known as the Champagne Capital of Canada!). Minimal crowds, a great mountain-town vibe in nearby Golden, and one of the longest vertical in North America, Kicking Horse is a great option along the 'Powder Highway'.
Read more about Kicking Horse and other hotels in the area.
- concierge services
- free wi-fi
- free self parking
- front desk (limited hours)
- health club
- pets allowed
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- steam room
- year built1998
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Glacier Mountaineer Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.