- This is a classy and historic hotel.
- Beds are huge and comfortable and hard to get out of each morning!
- The hotel is home to one of the world’s most picturesque ice skating rinks.
- The doors of each room have decorative art hand painted by the wife of the original caretaker during the 1920s.
- The free Fairmont shuttle goes to Lake Louise ski resort every half hour.
Nestled in the Canadian Rockies, is the magical Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. With over 550 rooms and countless restaurants, bars and conference facilities, it is massive. Set beside the frozen Lake Louise with mountains and glaciers looming in the distance, the views from this hotel are simply stupendous.
A Canadian icon, Fairmont Chateau was built over 100 years ago for ‘outdoor adventurers and alpinists’. It was originally a log cabin with a dining room, kitchen and two small bedrooms. But times have changed, and many evolutions and renovations later, it is now one of the largest and most luxurious hotels in the Banff region.
This hotel has played host to thousands of guests over the years, including professional skiers and royalty. The Lake was actually named after Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, Queen Victoria’s fourth daughter.
There’s a wide variety of room types (from hotel rooms to spacious junior suites and one to two bedroom suites) so whether you're looking for a simple stay or would like the benefits of being a Fairmont Gold guest, the choice is yours. Like all Fairmont Hotels, there’s a hotel within the hotel – Fairmont Gold. Guests who are staying at Fairmont Gold have their own separate check-in, and they will also get to enjoy complimentary breakfast and canapés served in a private lounge. If we’re to be really honest (and Scout always is), we think that a better option is to spend the same amount of money on a Lakeview room and then treat yourself to the buffet breakfast downstairs (or grab something cheap from the deli). (The regular Lakeview room is, however, smaller than the Fairmont Gold room).
During winter, there are five restaurants to choose from including the gorgeous Swiss-style Walliser Stube (serving fondue), and a pub that’s open until 2am. All of the dining options are fairly expensive, however there is a grab-and-go Chateau Deli open 24 hours that has a good range of reasonably priced snacks and meals. Registered guests aged under 5 eat for free, while there’s a 50% discount for kids aged 6-12. The Fairview Bar and Restaurant is a must-visit at least once during your stay (be sure to request a window seat), while the Lakeview Lounge is the perfect spot to end your day with a night-cap.
Finally, there are plenty of activities in and around the Chateau. These include an extensive spa, pool and fitness centre, as well as ice skating, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, walking along the frozen lake and going for a horse-drawn sleigh ride. There’s also an onsite equipment rental and retail store. And if you want to stay true to the original vision of the hotel, you can be a true alpinist and try your hand at some ice-climbing.
The Fairmont Chateau at Lake Louise is truly a magical experience and perfect for adding a little romance (or luxury) to your ski vacation.
The Chateau Fairmont is great for those who want a luxurious stay in an iconic hotel in Lake Louise, set amid mind-blowing scenery.
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is situated in the Banff National Park and is 10 minutes’ drive from Lake Louise Ski Resort. There is a complimentary ski shuttle to Lake Louise that is run by the hotel, leaving every half hour throughout the day. Sunshine Village is about 40 minutes away while Norquay is 45 minutes. It is about 45 minutes from downtown Banff and 2 hours from Calgary International Airport.
Find a great map of the Lake Louise area and location of the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise here.
- Hotel shuttle provided
About Lake Louise
Nestled in the Canadian Rockies, Lake Louise would have one of the most spectacular settings in North America – luckily it also has some great terrain!
Read more about Lake Louise and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- accessibility equipment for the deaf
- accessible bathroom
- accessible parking
- accessible path of travel
- babysitting or childcare
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- business center
- children's club
- coffee shop or café
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge services
- designated smoking areas
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- express check-in
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- full-service spa
- gift shops or newsstand
- hair salon
- health club
- in-room accessibility
- indoor pool
- laundry facilities
- limo or town car service available
- multilingual staff
- number of floors - 8
- one meeting room
- pets allowed
- picnic area
- roll-in shower
- rooftop terrace
- room service (24 hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- shopping on site
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- spa services on site
- spa treatment room(s)
- spa tub
- steam room
- supervised childcare/activities
- total number of rooms - 548
- valet parking (surcharge)
- wedding services
- wireless internet access - surcharge
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.