- The place has a down-to-earth, historical vibe.
- The rooftop hot tub features incredible views of the mountains, glaciers and stars.
- The on-site restaurant is terrific.
- The hotel makes a lot of effort to minimize its impact on the environment. It has its own laundry service and bakery (in Canmore), and sources meat and game from its own ranch.
- The Heritage and Tower rooms are styled in old world grandeur.
- There are no TVs in the rooms (there are some in a communal lounge room). Wi-Fi is reportedly spotty in the rooms.
- The hotel rooms are spread across 3 different floors. There are no lifts.
- There’s a hotel ski shuttle that does three morning trips and three afternoon trips to Lake Louise Ski Resort. There’s also the Lake Louise shuttle bus.
Located just down the road from the enormous Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Deer Lodge is a quaint mountain lodge that will make you feel like you’ve gone back in time.
Not that it feels dated or rundown. It’s just that renovations have not altered the hotel’s old world charm. Originally operating as a tea house, Deer Lodge gives you everything you could hope to expect from a traditional log cabin – right down to the creaking wooden floorboards, crackling wood fire and animal trophies hanging on the walls.
Modern touches have been made to the furnishings, but overall everything is in keeping with the historic theme. Unfortunately, this does mean that the rooms are very small, but they do ooze with old world grandeur, complete with cast iron radiators, woodwork, lighting and brass fixtures. Most of the Lodge rooms are on the small side, however they’re adequate enough for a short stay. Standard rooms (with 1 king bed) have views of the river, road and mountains, while the rooms with 2 doubles (or 2 queens) have forest views. These rooms are simply decorated and not overly luxurious but the unfussy traveller should be perfectly happy. The Heritage and Tower rooms are a little bigger, and ideal for a longer stay. If you're a history buff, these are the rooms we would recommend, being located in the older buildings of the hotel.
This lack of evolution gives Deer Lodge a laid back and friendly atmosphere. The staff and guests are generally down-to-earth people who we could imagine swapping ski stories in the communal lounge. The restaurant at Deer Lodge (Mount Fairview) is in an original log cabin building, with the menu in a similar log cabin style – think racks of lamb, salmon, strip loin and buffalo rib eye. It’s classy without being snobby. The Caribou Lounge is the perfect spot for an après drink overlooking the magnificent Victoria Glacier, or a night cap to round out your day.
The Deer Lodge is a fantastic hotel in Lake Louise, and perfect for couples and solo skiers looking for a little authentic Canadian history and hospitality during their ski vacation.
Deer Lodge is great for visitors to Lake Louise who are seeking an authentic, charming and personal experience, and who don’t mind a few quirks.
Deer Lodge is situated in the Banff National Park, and is 10 minutes’ drive from Lake Louise Ski Resort. There is a complimentary ski shuttle to Lake Louise run by the hotel (3 morning trips, 3 afternoon trips) and there’s also the Lake Louise public shuttle. Sunshine Village is about 40 minutes away while Norquay is 45 minutes. It is about 45 minutes from downtown Banff and 2 hours from Calgary International Airport.
Find a great map of the Lake Louise area and location of Deer Lodge here.
- Hotel shuttle provided
- On or close to public shuttle route
About Lake Louise
Nestled in the Canadian Rockies, Lake Louise would have one of the most spectacular settings in North America – luckily it also has some great terrain!
Read more about Lake Louise and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- arcade/game room
- billiards or pool table
- breakfast available (surcharge)full
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- computer station
- concierge services
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- free self parking
- laundry facilities
- luggage storage
- picnic area
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- spa tub
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Deer Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.