- Ski-in ski-out at the base of Niseko Hirafu Ski Resort
- Excellent service
- Beautiful decor in rooms and troughout the hotel
- Central to all of Hirafu’s village activities
- AYA has stunning onsen facilities, including three private family onsens, and a full service spa
- Some of the apartments have amazing view of Mt Yotei, while others look at ski resort, ground level or other buildings.
- The property offers hotel services, including concierge, ski valet, gym, business center and more.
- Score a room on the resort side and watch the kids learn to ski from the comfort of your living room.
- Atelier rooms only offer internal windows (no outside views)
AYA Niseko offers prime ski-in ski-out lodging containing apartments with all the bells and whistles you would come to expect from a high end ski hotel.
Designed by Hokkaido architect Koichi Ishiguro, the word AYA is a Japanese weaving technique and is intended to convey the building’s design as interlocking with the surrounding beauty. Fortunately, we feel it does. The design of the hotel and apartments is just beautiful and modern, yet comfortable. Views from some of the apartments are quite stunning, either lookng to Yotei or the ski slopes. Although they aren't the marquee views, we love looking at the snow covered birch forests to the side of the property - almost more unique and very zen. Some rooms face other buildings.
AYA Niseko consists mainly of apartments that range in size from studios to three bedrooms. At 47.24 sqm the studios are a decent size, while at 373 sqm the 4-bedroom 4-bathroom (plus maid’s room) penthouse is ginormous. Two ground floor residences have their own ski-in entrance and all the residences and penthouses have their own private onsen baths. There is one small hotel room, and due to the fact it has no outside windows, it is excellent value for such a prime property.
Apartments are finished off high-end entertainment systems and fully equipped designer kitchens and furnishings finished in muted grey and pale timber tones.The facilities at AYA are definiltey of 5-star standard. The onsen (including private family onsen) are in keeping with the stylish design of the hotel and, amazingly, they are often empty. There is a restaurant that serves up a hearty breakfast and an excellent ski valet storage service. If you have young children AYA is a great choice as there's a day care facility in the building, and Go Snow ski school right outside the door. Additional facilities include a gallery, full service spa, retail stores and gym. Niseko Babysitters and Kids Club is also available at AYA.
AYA Niseko is great for families or couples wanting a high-end apartment in prime location in Niseko, with five-star hotel facilities.
AYA was a good splurge. Our two bedroom unit was very nice, staff was extremely helpful, onsen was excellent, location was also good (we liked the ski-in valet and the bottom of the hill location which was close to restaurants, etc). There are a bunch of negative Trip Advisor comments on AYA which I just don’t understand. We didn’t eat there but it seems like they could do more with the Ginger Restaurant - there were never many people in it. The AYA shuttles were fine, as long as you went on the regular schedule. We unequivocally recommend AYA without reservation, Andrew, USA, Scout Customer 2019
AYA Hotel was stunning, the staff were very attentive and friendly, transfers to The welcome centre were well organised and on time. It's true ski in ski out and in a very convenient location for shops and restaurants when you aren't skiing. The onsen facilities were beautiful and seemed to be underused. Our Atelier room was a great size for 2 people with a huge queen size bed, and well equipped ensuite shower room. Mark, UK, Scout Customer 2018
Located next to the Ace Family Pair lift in a ski-in ski-out location AYA Niseko is convenient to everything in Hirafu.
You can find a map of Niseko village here.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Whether you’re a powder hound seeking some of the lightest, driest snow in the world, or a beginner looking for a safe place to take your first turns, Niseko is a hit.
Read more about Niseko and other hotels in the area.
- 350 m2 AYA Spa
- Men's / Women's indoor and outdoor onsens
- Three private family onsens
- Shiatsu and oil massage
- Gym, yoga room
- Cafe / Bar
- Art Gallery
- Craft and souvenir shop
- Kid's Club activity room
- Conference and business facility room
- 24 hour Front Desk
- Concierge service
- Guest lounge
- Ski Valet
- Property is non-smoking.
- All guests will be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law. Upon check-in you will be asked for a copy of your credit-card for security/bond purposes.
- Desired bedding configuration (King or twins) must be supplied to Scout at least 7 days prior to arrival.
- Late check-out may be possible subject to availability and for a charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at AYA Niseko. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.