- An experience that’s very intimate and personal.
- Three meals a day are included in the price.
- The cool bar area, which is also a happening place for locals.
- There’s no charge for Wi-Fi or parking. There are also no resort fees, and gratuities are included in the price (it’s a no-tipping hotel).
- Mixing and mingling with other guests is not optional – the dining tables are communal and a waitress will seat you with other guests.
- Adventurous skiers will be able to ski-in to the hotel. Others can walk a few minutes from the ski base area, or be shuttled by the hotel bus.
- The hotel is in an old building, which means that the walls are fairly thin and the rooms small.
- Although lunch is included you may find it’s easier to eat on the mountain.
- Alta is a skier-only mountain. Snowbird next door does welcome snowboarders.
A stay at Alta Peruvian is an experience all skiers should have at least once – it’s a reminder of what ski lodges were like back in the days when it was all about sleeping, eating and skiing – with none of the superfluous frills we’ve come to expect from the big ski resort hotels.
Alta Peruvian is a cozy, happy place. There’s definitely a nostalgic feeling in the air, and the age of the average guest is a little higher than what you’ll find at some of the newer, trendier hotels. Which isn’t to say that all ages aren’t welcome here – young families, couples and groups of friends will be just as happy, as long as they are comfortable with the lodge’s very communal layout. The rooms range from dorm-style (perfect for solo skiers and groups of friends) to twin or double suite rooms. They're not fancy, just warm and cosy and the ideal lodge setting. One and two bedroom suites can also be created by interconnecting the Nordic and Alpine rooms, and some even boast a lovely wood fireplace!
Staff are friendly and helpful, and there’s a fantastic rental and ski shop in the basement. Meanwhile the meals are wholesome and tasty – and best of all, they’re included in the room rate. Which, when you break it down, works out to be tremendously good value.
And if you’re wondering about the name, no, it has absolutely nothing to do with Peru (a statement the front desk is required to repeat to all the people who call up looking for Peruvian food). Rather, it is named after one of the miners that lived in the area many years ago.
One note: Unless you’re trying to leave to catch a flight pray not only for snow but also an ‘Interlodge Day’. This is an event that happens every time they close Little Cottonwood Canyon Road and people remain locked in their lodges due to excessive snowfall and avalanche danger. Sometimes the mountain re-opens before the road does, meaning the only people that can access the slopes are those staying in village lodges – providing a powder playground for about 400 people!
The Alta Peruvian lodge is the perfect option for the ultimate Alta ski vacation, offering fantastic slopeside access, warm hospitality, and great value ski lodge vibes.
Alta Peruvian is great for hardcore skiers who appreciate the old ski-lodge communal feel, but who want a few luxuries such as a sauna, outdoor pool, hot tub and catered meals.
The Alta Peruvian is located on the edge of the Alta ski resort – it’s a brisk five minute walk to the base of the ski mountain and lifts. A hotel shuttle can drop you off and pick you up from the base. It’s about 45 minutes to SLC airport from Alta.
Find a great map of the Alta Ski Resort area and location of the Alta Peruvian Lodge here.
- <5 min walk to lifts
- Hotel shuttle provided
Ski the "Greatest Snow on Earth" at Alta, and experience traditional mountain lodge-style ski holiday. Reserved only for skiers (no snowboarders), it has some fantastic advanced terrain and yes... lots of light, dry, fluffy powder snow.
Read more about Alta and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- arcade/game room
- babysitting or childcare
- concierge services
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- free breakfast
- free parking
- gift shops or newsstand
- internet point
- laundry facilities
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- swimming pool - outdoor
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Alta Peruvian Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.