- The fantastic location – right in the thick of the action in Hirafu village
- The apartments are modern and chic
- There are floor-to-ceiling windows in every apartment
- The Japanese inspired décor is lovely
- Apartment layouts can feel a bit strange due to the angles of the rooms – but it won’t bother most.
- The road can get noisy with party goers; request an apartment away from the main road.
- Ground floor rooms are convenient but don’t have views, and there is often a lot of snow outside the windows. These rooms can feel less private since they are right off the lobby.
- Higher floor rooms can get distant views of the slopes or Mount Yōtei.
Akazora is a modern apartment complex in the heart of Lower Hirafu. The advantage of this location? You will be right in the middle of some of Niseko’s best restaurants and bars.
The one and two bedroom apartments are great, particularly those on the upper floors with better views. These apartments have good facilities including full kitchens, LCD TVs, laundries and balconies. They’re a decent size, and the floor-to-ceiling windows add to the sense of space. And on a clear day, some of the upper floor apartments can give you fabulous views of Mount Yōtei.
The studios are quite small – more like hotel rooms with kitchenettes. There’s a small dining table but no couch, so these rooms would be best for those that just want a place to sleep at night, and perhaps prepare a light breakfast before heading out. If you’re traveling as a couple and would like to spend a bit more time in your apartment, we recommend upgrading to a one bedroom.
Akazora offers extra benefits such as a drying room and ski storage, as well as an on-site concierge that can help with bookings (for things like restaurants and ski lessons). Additionally, guests can make use of the arrival and departure shuttles to the Welcome Center.
Akazora would suit couples or families who want a nicely appointed apartment in the heart of the Hirafu village and convenient to Niseko Ski Resort.
Akazora was amazing. The apartment was great but it was the staff who were just wonderful. They went above and beyond many times, including one manager who found a neurosurgeon on New Years Eve after our daughter hit her head. Alistair, Scout Customer 2017.
Akazora is located on one of Hirafu’s main streets, surrounded by bars and restaurants. It is about a 7-minute walk to the Ace Family Pair lift to access all of Niseko Ski Resort. The ski shuttle is at the end of the road.
- <10 min walk to lifts
- On or close to public shuttle route
Whether you’re a powder hound seeking some of the lightest, driest snow in the world, or a beginner looking for a safe place to take your first turns, Niseko is a hit.
Read more about Niseko and other hotels in the area.
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping service
- concierge services
- free wi-fi
- TV & DVDs
- ski storage and drying room
- fully equipped kitchens
- laundry facilities
- multilingual staff
- number of floors - 4
- arrival and departure shuttle
- smoke-free property
- total number of rooms - 25
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Akazora. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.