Wildwood Snowmass is one of the hippest ski hotels in the area, reminiscent of a 1960s-era Vermont ski lodge. It’s finished in vibrant colours and located right by the slopes of Snowmass – and even better, it falls within a fantastic budget price range!
- Everything about the décor. It’s cool, hip, retro… yet also very comfortable.
- The profoundly reasonable price tag.
- After a hard day on the slopes, the bar, restaurant and communal areas provide the perfect place to relax.
- Wildwood’s collaboration with New York fashion designer Steven Allen means you can buy great essentials and fashion items right at the hotel. (Allen also designed the staff uniforms).
- Art that’s so fun you’ll want to steal it off the walls.
- Wildwood is a completely new cosmetic renovation of a 45-year-old hotel. As a result the rooms are smallish and the walls are thin.
- The studios do not have any kitchen facilities – just an extra living area that the other rooms don’t have.
- Rooms are priced just like skier levels: beginner, intermediate and expert.
Wildwood Snowmass has already made a name for itself – firstly for being a great-value place to stay in Snowmass, and secondly for its happening après scene. With its retro-chic decor and hip bar, Scout hopes it will set a new trend in the world of value ski hotels.
Situated in Snowmass Village just a short walk from the slopes, Wildwood is a fantastic update to an old favourite. The previous hotel was also called Wildwood and the changes were mostly cosmetic, so the 1960s building is still very 1960s – which, on the downside, means that noise can travel and the rooms are small. The views aren’t spectacular either, however some of the higher rooms and studios do feature views of Snowmass and the hills behind. But Scout can confidently say that you’ll forgive all of these things because the price tag, the location, the decor and the facilities are all amazing.
And it’s not just the rooms that are cool – the communal areas have set a new trend for Snowmass, which is good because up until now all it seemed to have was family-friendly condos and the odd luxury hotel – with little else in between.
Without sounding like a broken jukebox, the decor is seriously cool – with plenty of colourful and relaxed lounge areas that are designed to morph and change based on the needs of different groups. Board games are stored beneath couches and are there for all to use, while upstairs a large games room provides hours of entertainment for kids (and kids-at heart). Meanwhile, the bar at Wildwood serves up a casual scene with New Belgian Brewing Company beers on tap and mouth-watering pizzas. It’s so great that even the locals are flocking there.
Staying at Wildwood doesn’t mean skimping on the luxuries of other hotels, either. Included in the rate is a daily maid service, pools, hot tubs, a simple fitness room, and slope-side ski storage (at the Westin).
Wildwood Hotel in Snowmass is a fantastic lodging option for an affordable ski vacation in Aspen, that won't break the budget. Great for those that are young or young-at-heart.
Who should stay here
Wildwood Snowmass Hotel is perfect for families during school holidays, and groups of hip 20-30 year olds any other time.
Wildwood is situated just above Snowmass Mall and a short walk from the slopes. Regular RFTA shuttles to Aspen Village and the other mountains leave from right below at the mall. Wildwood is within close proximity to local restaurants, cafes and bars of Snowmass.
- Short walk to lifts
About Aspen Snowmass
Nestled deep in the heart of the Rockies, Aspen is the jewel in the crown of Colorado skiing with four big mountains for skiers to choose from. The resort is best known for its glitz and glamour, and while that’s true, there’s certainly a part of the town’s personality that is down-to-earth and relaxed. This is probably the result of its mining heritage combined with a resort offering some of the country’s best ski terrain and fabulous powder. Whether you're a family looking for your next memorable ski vacation, and avid powderhound, or a hopeless romantic in search of a classic ski-to-après experience, Aspen ticks all the boxes for everyone - there's a reason Scout always goes back to Aspen to ski!
Read more about Aspen Snowmass and other hotels in the area.
- air-conditioned public areas
- airport transportation (complimentary)
- arcade/game room
- babysitting or childcare (free)
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- children's club (free)
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge desk
- in-room accessibility
- limo or town car service available
- multilingual staff
- parking nearby (surcharge)
- poolside bar
- security guard
- ski passes available
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- smoke-free property (fines apply)
- spa tub
- supervised childcare/activities (free)
- swimming pool - outdoor
- wireless internet access - surcharge
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Wildwood. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.