- The fantastic ski-in ski-out location at Snowmass Mountain.
- All rooms feature the trademark Westin decor, which also includes those heavenly showers.
- As you can expect from any Westin Hotel, the facilities are excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful.
- The studios are large but do not have any cooking facilities.
- If you want slope-side views, don’t choose a King room – as most face other buildings.
- A resort fee is included in the price, which covers Wi-Fi, all facilities and a return transfer to Aspen Airport.
- The ground floor rooms offer prime ski-in access to your suite
There’s a reason why so many people around the world love their Starbucks coffee – a Double Shot Grande Caramel Latte tastes the same regardless of whether you’re in Chicago or Queenstown – so you always know what you’re going to get. The same principle can be applied to hotel chains – you know you can always expect the same level of service and comfort wherever you go, which is a nice thing to be able to rely on in the often unpredictable world of travel.
With this in mind, we're glad the Westin in Snowmass upholds the quality standard we’ve come to expect from the brand. For those who’ve never had the pleasure, this means Heavenly Beds, Heavenly Showers, great service, quality food and excellent 5 star facilities. Westin Snowmass opened after a $47 million makeover of the previous property, Silvertree. The place was completely gutted, leaving not a trace of the old hotel. The only thing that remained the same was its excellent slope-side location, which means that getting on your skis in the morning is as easy as taking five steps out the door.
The Snowmass ski school base is just a short ride down the Skittles gondola. The hotel is also quite close to Snowmass Mall just below, and Snowmass village a little further down – which should satisfy those looking for a wide variety of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes.
And if you feel like venturing a little further afield, Aspen’s RFTA (Roaring Fork Transportation Authority) shuttle bus leaves conveniently from just near the front doors of the hotel, so the three other mountains and Aspen village are only ever a short bus ride away.
The rooms at Westin Snowmass are modern and spacious, offering typical mountain decor throughout. The Deluxe rooms offer a little extra seating space, while the Junior Suites are perfect for those who like a separate living and bedroom, and a bit more comfortable for a longer stay. The views from the rooms aren’t always great, with some rooms enjoying premier views of the slopes, while others providing an outlook over the mall and hills beyond. Many of the King bedrooms face other buildings, which obviously isn’t ideal. So if you have your heart set on mountain views, be prepared to pay for it. That said, after a full day of skiing, shopping and enjoying an après drink or two, it’s unlikely that you’ll end up spending much time in your room.
The Westin hotel brand is always a fan favourite, and guests can head into their ski vacation with confidence knowing they'll receive fantastic hospitality in the heart of Aspen Snowmass.
Who should stay here
Westin Snowmass would be suited to families and couples who are seeking the creature comforts of Westin’s luxury brand, with easy access to the Snowmass slopes.
The hotel is located right on the slopes of Snowmass, above the Snowmass Mall. It’s also a very short distance from the Skittles Gondola, which transports skiers to the Snowmass village and resort base area, so you're super close to the restaurants, cafes and bars.
Find a great map of the Aspen Snowmass resort base area and location of the Westin Snowmass here.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Aspen Snowmass
Nestled deep in the heart of the Rockies, Aspen is the jewel in the crown of Colorado skiing with four big mountains for skiers to choose from. The resort is best known for its glitz and glamour, and while that’s true, there’s certainly a part of the town’s personality that is down-to-earth and relaxed. This is probably the result of its mining heritage combined with a resort offering some of the country’s best ski terrain and fabulous powder. Whether you're a family looking for your next memorable ski vacation, and avid powderhound, or a hopeless romantic in search of a classic ski-to-après experience, Aspen ticks all the boxes for everyone - there's a reason Scout always goes back to Aspen to ski!
Read more about Aspen Snowmass and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- air-conditioned public areas
- airport transportation (complimentary)
- area shuttle (complimentary)
- babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- business services
- children's club (surcharge)
- coffee shop or café
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- concierge desk
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- express check-in
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- gift shops or newsstand
- limo or town car service available
- luggage storage
- massage - spa treatment room(s)
- number of bars/lounges 2
- parking (surcharge)
- pets allowed
- poolside bar
- room service (24 hours)
- shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property (fines apply)
- swimming pool - outdoor
- technology support staff
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Westin Snowmass. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.