- The hotel enjoys a peaceful forest setting on the slopes of Niseko Village
- Rooms are furnished in a modern alpine style
- Guests have access to a lovely outdoor onsen (also known as a ‘rotenburo’)
- The hotel has its own ‘magic carpet’ ski conveyor for beginners and kids
- The Green Leaf is located in Niseko Village, about 15 minutes by bus from the main action at Hirafu
- Niseko Village runs a free shuttle bus to Hirafu and the Kutchan Train Station. But check the schedule and be warned – they fill up very quickly, so plan accordingly
- The corridors are very long. Ask for one at the end if you like it very quiet, or one near the lift if you prefer convenience
- Only Deluxe Rooms can be connected to neighboring rooms. Corner Suites cannot be connected to any room type
The Green Leaf at Niseko Village is a surprise package situated right on the side of the ski slopes of Niseko. Surrounded by the natural beauty of snowy birch tree forests and mountain views, there’s a sense of tranquility when you stay here. It certainly feels a million miles away from the hectic and built-up Hirafu area, however in reality it’s only a 15-20 minute bus ride away.
Recently renovated, the Green Leaf has modern comforts with some wonderful Japanese benefits. In particular, it includes a large outdoor onsen (rotenburo) that’s nestled in among the boulders. This provides the perfect place for a post-ski soak, especially when you can watch the snow falling all around.
With 200 rooms, it’s a fairly busy hotel. The lobby area’s relaxing bar, Tomioka White, has plenty of leather lounges and it serves up fantastic hot chocolates and drinks (albeit not cheap). Meanwhile, the hotel’s restaurant Goshiki provides Western and Japanese buffets for breakfast (included in the rate), as well as serving lunch and dinner (and wonderful views). This is the only restaurant in the hotel (though the bar does serve light snacks), so if you’re here for more than a couple of nights, it’s likely that you’ll head into Hirafu or Kutchan for more variety. That will involve a taxi or a shuttle bus – the last shuttle returns from Hirafu at 1am. Niseko Village has undergone some development in the past few years so it also now has a few restaurants and shops in a pleasant outdoor arcade just down the road from the Green Leaf. A new gondola from the Green Leaf has recently been installed, making it even easier for guests to get from the hotel to the Hilton side of the base (free for guests until 9pm).
Scout loves the rooms at The Green Leaf. They’re decorated in a contemporary Scandinavian style – the perfect complement to the natural scenery outside the windows. The rooms are on the small size (23sqm), as are the bathrooms, but not as small as the average Japanese hotel room. Somehow, the way they’ve arranged the furniture, combined with the large windows, makes them feel a lot larger than they really are. The bathrooms have been recently renovated for a fresh feel.
All rooms include a sofa that can convert to a bed. If you need a lot of space, opt for a Suite – they’re twice the size, and feature a separate living room and kitchenette. Thanks to the large windows in the bedrooms, most rooms offer lovely views of the snowscapes surrounding the hotel. And on a clear day, some rooms offer glimpses of Mount Yōtei.
The Green Leaf is a great hotel for skiers that don’t like dealing with gear and buses, as the locker facilities lead right out to the slopes and chairlifts. It’s particularly great for beginners, because not only does the hotel have its own magic carpet right outside, but there’s a shuttle that takes kids to the Niseko Village Snow School at the gondola base. You can rent equipment from the hotel (good quality Atomic or Burton), or at the Gondola base.
But at the end of the day, the real highlight of this hotel – especially for skiers – is the onsen. Separated into men’s and women’s onsen, these feature natural hot spring water that’s ‘cooled’ to a comfortable 40 degrees. This is open from 1pm daily, and there’s also an attached day spa which offers a range of massage services – why not try the ‘Boots and Mittens’ foot chair treatment?
The Green Leaf offers complimentary pick-up from the Welcome Centre for clients arriving on the Hokkaido Resort Liner from New Chitose Airport, and receive 20% off lift passes when you purchase them in conjunction with lodging at Green Leaf via Scout.
The Green Leaf Niseko Village is great for those who want a lovely stylish hotel that’s in a prime ski-in ski-out location – that’s also a bit ‘away from it all’. It’s not for those that want to partake in Niseko’s famous nightlife, every night, as the shuttle would become a little tedious.
The Green Leaf is situated in Niseko Village. It is right on the slopes (which connect all the Niseko United resorts). There are a few other restaurants and bars in Niseko Village, but most of the action is in Hirafu. There are hotel shuttle busses as well as public shuttles (free with a lift pass) that will take you to Hirafu in about 15-20 minutes. They can fill up quickly so get familiar with the shuttle timetable and try to avoid peak pre-dinner times.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
Whether you’re a powder hound seeking some of the lightest, driest snow in the world, or a beginner looking for a safe place to take your first turns, Niseko is a hit.
Read more about Niseko and other hotels in the area.
- Reception area & Concierge
- Indoor and outdoor onsen
- Spa & massage chairs
- Restaurant and bar
- free wi-fi
- free self parking
- ski storage & Drying room
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- total number of rooms - 200
Arrival Details: The Green Leaf is located on an airport shuttle stop. The do not offer a pick up from Hirafu Welcome Center or Kutchan train station. If you have not booked your transfers via Scout, please inform us at least 1 week prior regarding your arrival details as we must inform the hotel.
Niseko Green Leaf is a typical Japanese hotel with onsen facilities. Please read our guides on staying in a Japanese Hotel and to Onsen Etiquette. Onsen Tax of JPY150 per person per night applies to each traveller aged 15 years and older.
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Discounted rates apply for children aged 6 years and under. Please contact Scout for an updated quote based on the ages of those travelling.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at The Green Leaf Niseko Village. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.