- The hotel features a fantastic grotto-like hot springs soaking tub.
- The best rooms in the hotel are the loft suites. They have high ceilings, fireplaces and balconies.
- A deluxe continental breakfast, parking and Wi-Fi are all included in the rate.
- Chilli's restaurant is on-site & a good choice for an easy family night out.
- There aren’t many views from the rooms.
- All of the hotel rooms face the interior courtyard, while the suites face the exterior of the building.
- The rooms are all connected to the main building via outdoor corridors.
The Fox Hotel and Suites is a fantastic hotel located on the main street of Banff, with a lot of benefits for families. It’s within walking distance of downtown Banff, so a particularly good option if you don’t plan to hire a car, and there’s a ski shuttle stop right outside the hotel.
There’s nothing overly luxurious about this hotel, as evidenced by the Chili’s restaurant off to the side of the lobby (which is where breakfast is served). But it’s a down-to-earth relaxing hotel with decent sized rooms and comfortable mountain style furnishings. It is definitely worth paying more for a Suite room since these rooms are larger. Additionally, they include a living area with a sleeper sofa, and a small kitchenette, so ideal for small families. Their location (on the outside of the hotel) is also better because it’s quieter – whereas the Standard rooms that face the courtyard can get quite noisy with foot traffic. Better yet are the Premium lofts, which give you high ceilings, fireplaces and balconies.
But regardless of which type of room you choose, the Fox Hotel has a lot of nice little extra benefits, including free breakfast and Wi-Fi, the coin-operated laundry and the discount book that’s given to all guests. Plus the ski shuttle stops right outside the hotel, so it’s easy to get to the slopes each morning.
All of this is great, but the true star of this hotel is the grotto-like hot pool. It’s modeled off the historic Cave & Basin National historic springs, and creates an interesting focal point to the courtyard – with steam rising up from the tub. It’s more like a large soaking hot tub than a pool, and it’s the perfect place to soak those aching ski muscles.
The Fox Hotel & Suites in Banff is a wonderful mid-range hotel option for families and couples, with an easy stroll to the local restaurants and bars and great on-site amenities that truly add to your stay.
The Fox Hotel is great for unfussy families or couples wanting a convenient downtown Banff hotel with a warm friendly atmosphere.
The Fox Hotel & Suites is located about a 10 minute walk from downtown Banff (or a short shuttle ride). The ski shuttle stops outside the hotel and leaves for the resorts every hour. These shuttles are free with an area ski pass.
Find a great map of the Banff downtown area and location of the Fox Hotel & Suites here.
- On or close to public shuttle route
Banff is a happening ski town situated in what would have to be one of the most scenic mountain locations in the world. With three great ski areas all within easy driving distance, Banff is the perfect base from which to explore this part of the Rocky Mountains.
Read more about Banff and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- fireplace in lobby
- free wi-fi
- free breakfast
- free self parking
- health club
- in-room accessibility
- laundry facilities
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
25% Off Early Bird Deal!
Save 25% OFF at Fox Hotel & Suites for stays of 4+ nights. Book by August 31.
Save up to 25% OFF at Fox Hotel & Suites when you book 4+ nights before August 31. Blackout dates apply. T&Cs apply.
|Valid: Nov 1, 2021 - Apr 30, 2022, book by Aug 31, 2021|
|23 December 2021 - 02 January 2022|
* Please Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.