- The hotel’s lobby offers sweeping views of Squaw Valley and the mountains beyond. Some of the views from the rooms are just as stunning.
- There are great facilities for kids – including a games room, ice rink and a large pool area (unfortunately the pool slides are shut in winter). Plus, the ‘Mountain Buddies Camp’ provides supervised activities for half or full day sessions.
- The hotel is in an easy ski-in location – with a chairlift right outside the back door.
- For those that prefer not to ski, there’s a great spa, gym and shopping arcade.
- This hotel does feel more like a vacation resort thanks to the facilities and its size – it has over 400 rooms.
- It is not situated within walking distance of Squaw Village. However the hotel runs a shuttle service on a loop.
- There are five food outlets on-site: a fine dining establishment, a casual pub, a breakfast buffet and a grab-and-go market.
- Room service is fairly limited, only offering items from the grab-and-go market.
- There is daily resort fee which covers all the amenities, including Wi-Fi. Valet parking is available in winter.
As far as major North American ski resorts go, Squaw Valley is one of the least developed, which adds to the charm of the place. That will soon change – there are big plans for the village area that will see the introduction of some large luxury hotels over the next fifteen years. But even then, it will still be small when compared to other resorts like Vail or Whistler.
But there is one hotel in the valley that’s different to the rest – in that it’s huge. And it’s not hard to miss, thanks to its giant black glass exterior (which reminds Scout of the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird). Indeed, the Resort at Squaw Creek is anything but small – catering to a clientele who want all the facilities and service usually found at 5 star hotels.
The rooms aren’t as luxuriously appointed as you will find at some of the big brand 5 star hotels – but they’re smart and spacious. Each room boasts fantastic picture windows with sweeping views of the mountain range and surrounding Ponderosa pine forests. They're wonderfully decorated with warm and inviting tones throughout. The fireplace suites offer a great space to cosy up around and are perfect for a romantic ski vacation, while the bi-level penthouses can provide a luxurious stay to up to 9 people. Featured throughout are custom furnishings, slate entryways, well-appointed bathrooms, granite vanities, and the suite and penthouses offer additional gas fireplaces and kitchenettes. Scout recommends paying the little bit more for a valley room.
Tucked into the side of the valley, the Resort at Squaw Creek has over 400 rooms, a shopping arcade, several restaurants, kids clubs and a full service spa – giving it the feel of a vacation resort for families and couples, or a conference style hotel. The Six Peaks Grille is our recommendation when staying at the resort, with fantastic locally sourced cuisine, and top notch wine list. In summer the hotel is popular for its 18 hole championship golf course, but in winter the focus shifts to skiing. Just outside the back door is a chairlift that is used almost exclusively by hotel guests, while the golf course becomes the perfect cross country and snowshoeing course.
The Resort at Squaw Creek is an ideal lodging option for a ski vacation in Squaw Valley, catering well to families and couples who seek resort-style accommodation and great hotel facilities.
The Resort at Squaw Creek hotel is for families who love resort-style vacations where there are tons of amenities and services to keep everyone occupied and happy.
Resort at Squaw has a ski-in ski-out location at Squaw Valley Ski Resort – it is connected via a series of lifts and runs to the main part of the resort. The hotel is located on its own road in Squaw Valley, about a five minute drive to the main ski village centre. A hotel shuttle bus takes guests to the village. Squaw Valley is 15 minutes from Tahoe City, 20 minutes from Truckee and 50 minutes from Reno Airport.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Squaw Valley
Squaw Valley (and Alpine Meadows) is a mammoth ski resort area, with almost 4000 acres of terrain - and not just any terrain, some of the best in North America. Ask any Tahoe local where the best extreme skiing is and they’ll answer Squaw. On any powder day the die-hards flock to KT-22 – sometimes it’s more fun just watching them hucking off terrifying cliffs than skiing yourself. That said, this resort has more than enough intermediate and beginner terrain to keep everyone grinning ear to ear, and boasts one of the longest ski seasons in the whole of the USA. Team this up with dramatic alpine scenery and some of the most progressive terrain, spread across 14 popular mountain zones, Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows is right up there as one of our go-to ski destinations in the USA.
Read more about Squaw Valley and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- arcade/game room
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- free wi-fi
- free self parking
- gift shops or newsstand
- hair salon
- health club
- laundry facilities
- number of outdoor pools - 3
- number of spa tubs - 3
- pool table
- poolside bar
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski shuttle
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- spa services on site
- supervised childcare/activities
- swimming pool - children's
- valet parking (surcharge)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Resort at Squaw Creek. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.