- An authentically Austrian hotel
- Its location right on the main street of Lech.
- Afternoon tea for all guests served from 4 pm to 5 pm
- Beautiful well-equipped spa
- Friendly and warm staff
One of the iconic hotels of Lech, Hotel Post Lech has been the home of thousands of skiers and travelers from all over the world for more than 75 years. It is a family owned and operated 5-star hotel which, not surprisingly given its name, used to be a post office. It was purchased by the Mooseburger family in 1937, and is now managed by the family’s third generation. For the past 40 years, the hotel has been a member of the select group of renowned “Relais & Châteaux” hotels.
Despite many makeovers and renovations, Hotel Post Lech has kept is old traditional Austrian style exterior and interior. The minute you step into the hotel you will be met by its friendly and very hospitable staff dressed in traditional Austrian outfits; men wearing lederhosen and women wearing dirndl, which will immediately make you feel the Austrian spirit.
The hotel has 48 luxurious rooms ranging from single rooms to large suites. The single rooms are quite small but still cozy and comfortable. Although each room is uniquely different, they all have mountain views. The rooms facing the south have better views. Aside from being furnished with carved wood furniture which reflects classic Austrian style, some of the rooms are equipped with traditional stoves or open fire place which adds to the room’s traditional ambiance.
Gasthof Post Lech has four restaurants where you can have your fare of traditional Austrian dishes. The Kutscherstube is where half-board guests can enjoy breakfast or dinner. The hotel has a cosy bar named after American writer Ludwig Bemelmans, a loyal guest until the late 1950’s.
Post Lech has undergone major renovations throughout the years and in 2010 a new building was added which is in stark contrast to the hotel’s traditional style – a modern style building which houses the spa and wellness area. The new “Post Beauty & Spa” is a wellness oasis. It features beauty treatments, massages, sauna, salt water steam bath, and a 15 meter long outdoor heated swimming pool which provides a panoramic view of Omeshorn and the Ebra garden. There is also a kid’s pool with a slide and baby basin.
The hotel is not only concerned about your well-being but of its young guests as well. It has a play room where kids can watch their favorite movies, play with other kids, and enjoy numerous supervised activities.
Gasthof Post has not left any stone unturned to provide you with the best. Pleasing its guests with their impeccable service and fantastic facilities is the reason why this elegant and luxurious hotel is one of the favorites in Lech.
Hotel Post Lech is great for those seeking a very traditional and luxurious Austrian ski hotel. It’s perfect for couples but also families because it has recreational facilities just for kids. It is also a good choice for couples and group of friends wants to enjoy luxurious 5 star amenities in the heart of Lech.
Gasthof Post Lech is located right on the main street of Lech and a few steps from numerous restaurants and bars. It is just a short walk across the bridge to the ski school and the main ski area base.
- <5 min walk to lifts
Lech is a charming village and excellent ski resort in the Arlberg ski area of Austria. Now that the area is fully connected by lifts and ski runs, the Arlberg is the 5th larges connected ski area in the world. Lech truly has something for everyone.
Read more about Lech and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- arcade/game room
- children's pool
- free wi-fi
- full-service spa
- gift shop
- health club
- indoor pool
- outdoor pool
- pets allowed
- room service
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- supervised childcare/activities
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Post Lech. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.