- The beautiful and natural indoor and outdoor onsens
- Smell of wood throughout the hotel
- Highly personalized service
- Upon arrival, you can choose your own pattern of Yukata
- Stunning Japanese architecture and interiors
- A very traditional Japanese experience, just a short distance from world famous Niseko
- Many of the rooms have their own massage chair
- Moku No Sho is not close to the ski slopes. It requires a 20 minute shuttle to get to the main Niseko ski slopes. It would be best to have your own car, or better still, have for a ski guide each day who will pick you up and drop you off.
- Non-smoking hotel
- There are snacks offered at various times of the day
- Although English is spoken by many staff, occasionally it can be a struggle to communicate
Nestled deep in the Niseko valley and seemingly a world away from highly westernized Hirafu, Moku No Sho provides an authentic and luxurious Japanese experience in a very peaceful and quiet setting. Moku No Sho is a good example of the saying “don’t judge a book by its cover”; although the exterior is nothing fancy and can be described as bland and stark, its interiors will “wow” you. The moment you step into the hotel, you will be dazzled by its amazing light decoration in the grand lobby. Immediately you will realize you’re on to something special. There are so many reasons why the hotel is one of Scout’s favorite in all of the ski resorts in Japan.
Just off the lobby, the lounge area has sublime caramel colored leather couches which are so inviting and comfortable it would be hard to go anywhere after grabbing a magazine, collapsing into one and sipping on a cup of tea. Near the lounge is a cool bar area that serves up an extensive list of drinks.
Moku No Sho has a total of 25 rooms ranging from a Deluxe Twin room to Premiere Suite room. The rooms are spacious, impeccably clean and are beautifully furnished. All the rooms are equipped with modern amenities yet provide the authentic Japanese experience you desire. All the rooms are equipped with a TV, fridge, humidifier, and a good range of tea, coffee, and toiletries. Many of the rooms are equipped with a massage chair and some have their own open air bath.
The hotel has its own Japanese restaurant called Shorai which serves dishes that are not only freshly made but delicious as well – all the seafood is freshly caught from Uchiura Bay and Japan Sea. The room rate includes dinner.
One of the best features of this hotel is its indoor and outdoor onsens that are 100% natural, fed from the Konbu Hot Springs. If you want some privacy, you can enjoy a bath in a private onsen for 2100 Yen per couple for 50 minutes. Yearning for a massage, treatments or facial? The Spa Yukiko is right inside the hotel.
Moku No Sho might not be in a convenient location but that is also why people love the hotel. In stark contrast to the busy, westernized Hirafu village, Moku No Sho is peaceful and wonderfully authentic. It is truly a paradise near Niseko.
The hotel is ideal for couples who will love its peaceful and romantic setting and want to experience authentic Japanese hospitality.
Moku No Sho is a 20 minute shuttle bus ride to the main Niseko ski slopes. The Moiwa resort, a less frequented resort in the Niseko area, is nearby. The hotel offers a shuttle service to downtown Hirafu and the ski slopes (Moiwa and Niseko) several times a day and once in the afternoon. It is not a continuous shuttle so you do need to make sure you are at the stop at the right time. We would reccomend having your own car, or hiring a ski guide who will pick you up and drop you off each day.
- Hotel shuttle provided
- Own vehicle needed
Whether you’re a powder hound seeking some of the lightest, driest snow in the world, or a beginner looking for a safe place to take your first turns, Niseko is a hit.
Read more about Niseko and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- coffee shop or café
- designated smoking areas
- fireplace in lobby
- free wifi
- free self parking
- free ski shuttle
- free train station pickup
- gift shops or newsstand
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski storage
- spa services on site
- spa tub
- total number of rooms - 25
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Moku No Sho. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.