- Well designed and catering to a lot of needs.
- Literally next door to the Aiguille du Midi cable car which is great if you’re planning a lot of backcountry trips (it is not a ski area)
- The spa facilities are top notch.
- There's a library where you can borrow DVDs, books, board games and party games.
- It has a small grocery store and deli called Epicerie du Midi, great for snacks and packed meals.
- Rooms with views of Mont Blanc actually face a busy road, and we would recommend requesting one to face the village instead, as we think this is a better choice.
- We recommend Attic rooms for the view from the balcony, but taller people might have difficulty with the lower, sloping ceilings.
- If you want to try the spa services, book in advance to make sure you get an appointment. Their treatments are quite good value and in demand.
- Covered car park available.
L’Héliopic Hotel and Spa in Chamonix is a four star hotel built in 2013. A big property, with 102 rooms, it is designed with Nordic country inspiration throughout mixed in with some fun 50s retro furniture. This style makes Hotel Heliopic feel different and homely, and we love it. However the modern style features a lot of flat gray and beige, which may not be to everybody's taste.
L’Héliopic has a big feature on its spa and wellness facilities. There is a large pool with a nice relaxing area, and a Jacuzzi. There is also a steam room, sauna and an igloo with ice for refreshing blast. The spa has full service beauty treatments with plenty of different treatments including facials, massage, and body wraps – it’s certainly a nice place to be pampered.
The lobby area is a bright and happening place, where you can find a cozy corner at the library to unwind and read some books. They have talks in the evenings with ski guides which is a great feature for guests, given Chamonix’s style of skiing which is best explored with a guide. There's also a ski shop and a kid's corner at this hotel, with lots of computer games for children.
The rooms here range from a 22 m2 Single rooms right through to the 32 to 35 m2 Family rooms with bunk beds and a double bed. We love the small Attic rooms (22m2) which have such low sloping ceilings that the bathroom has no standing shower – only a bath. The Attic room balconies have great views. All rooms are made cozy with lots of rugs and pillows, and are bathed in lots of light. Every room has a balcony and some face the mountains and Mont Blanc, while others face the village of Chamonix. Just like the common areas, rooms are in a vintage 1950s style, which the hotel calls “retro-contemporary”, in a monochromatic gray and white scale. All rooms have WiFi, shower and bath, safe, TV and DVD player, ample storage, and balcony.
The on-site restaurant serves dinner and buffet breakfast, for those on half board. L’Héliopic’s stylish, retro chic restaurant is on the ground floor, and is open 7pm to 10pm for dinner. They serve traditional and creative regional cuisine. There's also an on-site bar open from 4pm to 11pm.
One thing we love is the Epicerie du Midi, a small grocery store with ready to eat meals and snacks. Here, you can get everything from breakfast to lunch, on-the-go food, after ski snacks, freshly roasted coffee, certainly very handy for those who want to grab a quick breakfast to take out at the beginning of a ski trip or coming back in the afternoon when you are feeling a little bit peckish.
We would recommend L’Héliopic Hotel and Spa for families and groups of friends. It has a young, fresh atmosphere, certainly a good place for younger families, or groups of friends, and couples who want the feel of a fun and happening place. It’s also super convenient to Aguille du Midi cable car station.
L’Héliopic Hotel and Spa is located right next to the cable car of Aiguille du Midi. Just outside the hotel is a shuttle stop for the public bus that takes passengers to different ski slopes around Chamonix as well as downtown Chamonix. The train station and main street of Chamonix is a five to 10 minute walk.
- Short walk to lifts
- On or close to public shuttle route
Sitting in the shadow of Mont Blanc, Chamonix is a mecca for extreme skiers with almost everything about the place being big and steep. The thriving town is heaving with fat-ski-carrying, harness-wearing mountain types, and there are several resorts in the area to choose from. If you’re an intermediate or beginner, fear not as you don’t need to be an expert to enjoy a trip to Chamonix.
Read more about Chamonix and other hotels in the area.
- coffee shop or café
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- free wi-fi
- full-service spa
- indoor pool
- luggage storage
- pets allowed
- room service
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- snack bar/deli
- spa treatment room(s)
- spa tub
- steam room
- total number of rooms - 102
- turkish bath/hammam
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at L'Héliopic Hotel & Spa. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.