- The food is quite good and breakfast is included.
- We enjoyed the lounge bar where you can have a drink while sitting on a comfortable sofa, view the outdoor pool and watch cable cars go up to Aguille du Midi.
- The outdoor pool and hot tub, with unbeatable views of Mont Blanc.
- You can get adjoining rooms on request.
- The hotel does not provide shuttle to the ski lifts, however there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. It is less than five minutes by bus to the Brévent ski area.
- There is a free parking lot, opposite the hotel. The hotel also has covered parking garage.
- South facing rooms have Mont Blanc views and are more quiet.
- Reception is open 24/7.
- The hotel has porter service, baggage lockers, and ski lockers for boots and skis.
Le Refuge Des Aiglons in Chamonix is a contemporary, four-star hotel with minimalist bedrooms that are bright and airy throughout. The hotel has come a long way from its days as a simple Best Western and was recently reinvented as a funky, good value option close to the center of Chamonix.
Scout loves the huge communal area, with comfortable lounge areas done in living room style, and a bar where there is plenty of action happening. The hotel has plenty of board games available and there is also a kids area set aside during the French School holidays.
Le Refuge Des Aiglons is a large hotel with 107 rooms ranging from standard rooms to Junior suites. The bathrooms are a decent size featuring slate tiles and modern fixtures. The rooms also have a hipster style with quirky design touches and splashes of colour.
The restaurant at Le Refuge Des Aiglons serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with very good buffet breakfast offering plenty of options. Evening meals consist of updated Savoyard specialities presented with flair.
There's a ski shop inside the hotel, convenient if you've left something at home or need to rent skis.
Le Refuge Des Aiglons also offers a unique experience for families, couples and friends alike: the investigation game. Pick up a tablet from reception and follow the clues around the hotel in search of a secret locked room, but you only have one hour!
One of Scout’s favorite parts of the hotel is the outside pool and hot tub with views of the mountains (though the hot tub can get quite crowded). There are also spa facilities that have an outside sauna and steam room and a small gym.
Le Refuge Des Aiglons is great for all guests looking for a fun, modern hotel with excellent facilities. What it lacks in boutique charm it makes up for in service, style, size and state-of-the-art amenities. We’d recommend Des Aiglons for couples, groups and families looking for a ski vacation in Chamonix.
Le Refuge Des Aiglons hotel is located in Chamonix Town, just outside the center. There is a bus stop to take you to the ski lifts is right next to the hotel. and the Aiglle du Midi lift is a few minutes' walk (note this lift does not take you to a main ski area).
- On or close to public shuttle route
Sitting in the shadow of Mont Blanc, Chamonix is a mecca for extreme skiers with almost everything about the place being big and steep. The thriving town is heaving with fat-ski-carrying, harness-wearing mountain types, and there are several resorts in the area to choose from. If you’re an intermediate or beginner, fear not as you don’t need to be an expert to enjoy a trip to Chamonix.
Read more about Chamonix and other hotels in the area.
- Ski Storage
- Laundry Service
- Investigation game
- Kid’s Corner (in holidays)
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Le Refuge Des Aiglons Chamonix. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.