- Convenient location of the hotel
- Spacious Japanese style rooms
- Mieko and her family who are very friendly and will go out of their way to satisfy your requests
- Relaxing lounge area which features a fireplace and some armchairs
- Beautiful indoor and outdoor onsen with natural hot spring water
A small budget friendly hotel right in the heart of the Akakura Onsen village, Kougakuro hotel is a fantastic choice for those who want a very homey ambiance that is within their budget. Kogakuro is a family owned and managed Myoko Kogen hotel, and Mieko (who speaks perfect English) and her family are gracious hosts who will go out of their way to make sure that all requests are met. The attention to detail adds so much to make this hotel feel relaxed and at home - such as decorations throughout the hallways, home made jam and a library nook with plenty of reading material.
All the rooms are done in Japanese style, and that means you get to sleep on futons in tatami mat rooms. There are no western mattresses. The rooms are very spacious, well-maintained and clean, some of which have full en-suite bathrooms. The rooms are equipped with basic modern amenities and Mieko makes sure that you have hot water in a thermos nightly for brewing fresh pots of tea.
Although Kogakuro doesn’t have a long list of extra facilities, there is a 100% natural onsen, including a nice outdoor onsen surrounded by stones and snow. There is also a lovely lounge area, with a fireplace, where you can have your après drink and mingle with the other guests. Dinner is available in the hotel’s restaurant or you can choose from one of the many options right outside your door.
The hotel is strategically located so you can enjoy all that Akakura Onsen village has to offer in the way of bars, restaurants and shops just a few steps outside your door.
Kogakuro hotel prides itself with its great location, but if you ask Scout, Mieko is the star of the hotel! Thanks to her and her family’s hospitality you will feel like you are in a very beautiful home with fantastic ski resort right in your own backyard. It’s no wonder people keep coming back year after year.
Kogakuro hotel in Myoko Kogen is ideal for those who want Japanese Style accommodations in a very convenient location and are traveling on a budget.
Very charming, well maintained, 70’s hotel with very helpful friendly staff. 2 minute walk to chair lift. And very handy to all bars and restaurants. - Claire, Scout Customer 2018
We enjoyed everything at Kogakuro. The owner was wonderful so were the onsen and the fire place. Everything there is so well thought out and the atmosphere welcoming - Hsuan, Scout Customer 2017
Kogakuro hotel is right in the heart of Myoko Kogen Ski Resort, Akakura Onsen village and just a walk away from numerous dining options, bars and shops. It is also just a two-minute walk to the Akakura Onsen ski lifts. A public shuttle can take you to the ski lifts of the Akakura Kanko or the remaining Myoko Valley ski resorts.
- <5 min walk to lifts
About Myoko Kogen
Myoko Kogen combines so many excellent elements into one package; several great ski resorts, endless powder snow, relatively thin crowds, plenty of (permitted) tree skiing, a superb ski school, a friendly, traditional Japanese town, a range of accommodation options and easy access. It’s not surprising then that Myoko’s popularity has soared over the past few years.
Read more about Myoko Kogen and other hotels in the area.
- Indoor Onsen
- Outdoor Onsen
- Restaurant (Japanese Dinner)
- Japanese & Western Breakfast
- International Phone
- Laundry and clothes dryer (cost)
- Free wifi throughout the building
- Ski Storage
- Free pick-up from Train or Bus station
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Long Stay Discount (Stay 10 Pay 9!)
Book 10 nights and get One Night Free when you stay at selected hotels in Myoko Kogen. T&Cs apply.
Stay 10 and only pay 9 when you stay at selected hotels in Myoko Kogen including Kogakuro and Oyado Furuya. Limited to one free night per stay. Daily Breakfast included.
|Valid: Dec 1, 2020 - Apr 30, 2021, book by Mar 31, 2021|
* Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates within the applicable travel periods.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.