- Rooftop hot tub - need we say more!
- Great complimentary continental breakfast
- Amazing location near Silver Queen gondola & skier shuttle
- Just a three minute walk to the lifts - unbeatable!
- Although hotel style, each unit is individually-owned and therefore individually decorated
- No parking on-site (speak to the front desk about a parking pass)
- Entrance can be a little hard to find - ask Scout for a detailed description
- Perfect option for couples who love to be in the heart of the action of Aspen
The Independence Square Hotel is a cross between a hotel and a collection of vacation rentals presented in a simple, boutique style. The historic property offers guests the best of both worlds with a 24h front desk, daily continental breakfast, ski lockers and concierge services, plus incredibly close to both the gondola of Aspen Mountain and Rubey Park (the main hub for skier shuttles). Independence Square offers a great alternative for those wanting a centrallly located hotel but without frills and subsequent price tag that many other hotels in Aspen command.
Independence Square Hotel only has 25 rooms and condos so it provides a homely, welcoming feel as well as a very personalised service. Rooms range between Standard and Deluxe rating hotel-style rooms and suites. Cosy guestrooms offer small kitchenettes for convenience, while the larger Premier suites offer full kitchens and dining spaces. Most of the Deluxe and Premier guest rooms and suites feature a king bed, while Standard rooms have a Queen (only two rooms at the hotel boast two queen beds). Standard rooms are basic but clean and comfortable, whereas Deluxe and Premier rooms are those which have been renovated, with fantastic modern mountain styling and lots of space to spread out. The one bedroom suites and condos are ideal for smaller families. Each unit is individually designed, but most have been recently renovated to include modern furnishings and state-of-the-art appliances.
The iconic building of Independence Square Hotel is located at the base of the Aspen Mountain with an amazing rooftop enabling guests to take in the views of the town and mountains. The rooftop also boasts a hot tub which is the perfect place to relax and soak when you return from the slopes (one of the best hot tubs in Aspen!). Communal laundry facilities are available on site. Thanks to its great location Independence Square Hotel is an ideal base for exploring both Aspen's mountains and downtown heart. A number of parks, shops, bars and restaurants are situated on your doorstep so you can reach everything you need within minutes. The hotel is situated next to the popular Belly Up bar, which often features live music throughout the season, so rooms closest to this side of the building can be loud at times. Continental breakfast is included daily.
The Independence Hotel is a perfect option for solo travellers and couples on an Aspen ski vacation who love to be in the heart of the action, but also close to both Aspen Mountain and the skier shuttle. Smaller families will love the larger suites and self-contained condos, and the proximity to restaurants and shops.
Independence Square Hotel is great for couples seeking a comfortable no-frills hotel ski hotel in the heart of Aspen. It is perfect for skiers and non-skiers alike thanks to its prime location in the middle of downtown.
It was lovely, Lesley and the staff were amazing. Room was great, hot tub was incredible and location very central. Would highly recommend. Gail, Scout Customer, 2019
Independence Square Hotel, as the name suggests, is located in Independent Square in the heart of downtown Aspen. The hotel is situated just one block from the Silver Queen gondola station as well as being within walking distance of a number of other lifts. Shops, bars, cafes and restaurants are all around making everything you need accessible and convenient. Rubey Park, the main hub for the skier shuttle to other mountains, is located barely minutes walk away.
Find a great map of the Aspen downtown area and location of each of the Aspen hotels here.
- <5 min walk to lifts
About Aspen Snowmass
Nestled deep in the heart of the Rockies, Aspen is the jewel in the crown of Colorado skiing with four big mountains for skiers to choose from. The resort is best known for its glitz and glamour, and while that’s true, there’s certainly a part of the town’s personality that is down-to-earth and relaxed. This is probably the result of its mining heritage combined with a resort offering some of the country’s best ski terrain and fabulous powder. Whether you're a family looking for your next memorable ski vacation, and avid powderhound, or a hopeless romantic in search of a classic ski-to-après experience, Aspen ticks all the boxes for everyone - there's a reason Scout always goes back to Aspen to ski!
Read more about Aspen Snowmass and other hotels in the area.
- 24h Front Desk Services
- Rooftop Sun Deck
- Hot Tub
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Housekeeping Services
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
Special deals & packages for this hotel are displayed below. To take advantage of one of these deals, use the Room Selection booking process (any applicable accommodation specials will be applied to the price) and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extras.
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
20% OFF Early Bird Deal!
Save up to 20% OFF at selected Aspen condos & apartments. T&Cs apply.
Save up to 20% OFF when you stay 7+ nights at selected Aspen condos & houses. Save 15% OFF for stays of 4+ nights. Book by December 15. Blackout dates apply. T&Cs apply.
|Valid: Jan 2, 2022 - Apr 2, 2022, book by Dec 15, 2021|
|January 27 - 30 & February 17 - 22, 2022|
* Please Contact Scout for a quote based on your preferred travel dates.
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.