- Its ski-in ski-out position
- Kid’s snow park beside the ski area
- Plenty of English is spoken
- The gift shop/mini-supermarket where you can buy souvenirs, gift items and snacks
- Very accommodating and helpful staff
- Excellent food in the fancy French restaurant
- Use of the fitness center and indoor pool costs extra and the pool area is extremely hot. Any bookings made via Scout by November 30 include free pool access
- You can book the Karaoke room for a private singing session with your friends for no cost
- Although some of the staff are not fluent in English, you will usually be able to find someone who can
- No connecting rooms
- No non-hotel restaurants nearby but you can take the nightly shuttle to Hachimantai
- Some of the more popular restaurants may require a reservation
A big bustling hotel which can be seen for miles due to its bright yellow façade, Hotel Appi Grand has an international flavor with its guests coming from different parts of the world. It is not a traditional Japanese style hotel so do not expect the usual traditional style rooms and facilities.
Hotel Appi Grand's rooms are a little smaller than the neighboring Tower rooms but are very comfortable with ample sized bathrooms and showers. The Japanese Twin and Maisonette rooms have recently been renovated in a tasteful Japanese style. The remaining room types are allocated according to the number of people in the room. The three room types sleep 1-2, 3-4 and 5 people rspectively. The first type of room is a standard twin with twin beds and a sofa; the family room with thee twin beds and a sofa bed; and the biggest is the mezzanette which has a loft style bedroom with triple beds and downstairs is a living area with two sofa beds. Some of the rooms have picturesque ski slope views.
Hotel Appi Grand has numerous dining options. It has five restaurants to choose from namely the Bireka Chinese restaurant, the Nanashigure Japanese restaurant, the Arlberg restaurant which serves a variety of Western and Asian dishes, the Richoen Korean BBQ restaurant which is highly recommended, and the French restaurant LaPind’or. If you plan on dining at the hotel most nights, it is better value to book that as part of a package rather than purchasing it there. The hotel does have a regular shuttle to the rural town of Hachimantai and Morioka City where you can enjoy other dining options. If you want a drink or two, the hotel has two bars including a Karaoke room which you can rent. But like many ski resort hotels in Japan don’t expect the bar to be busy.
Hotel Appi Grand has excellent facilities which you can enjoy after a day of skiing. You can enjoy a bath in the hot spring, or swim some laps in the indoor swimming pool but it can be stifling hot. It also has a gym with basic gym equipment where you can sweat it out and some other sports facilities. The hotel has a gift shop/mini-supermarket, ski rentals, a beauty salon, game corner, child care facilities and a massage room. There is a private onsen available in Hotel Appi Grand, while the main onsen facilities are in the Appi Hills hotel.
Hotel Appi Grand is a fantastic choice not only because if its location but also because of its facilities and amenities which are of international standards.
Hotel Appi Grand is great for families because of its spacious rooms and children facilities, and for couples who want to enjoy an Appi Kogen ski experience. Good for those on a budget who still want the convenience of being close to the Appi action.
Hotel Appi Grand is in a ski-in ski-out position at Appi Kogen Ski Resort. There are no villages nearby but the hotel has a regular shuttle to the towns of Hachimantai and Morioka for people who want to enjoy other dining options.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Appi Kogen
Appi Kogen is one of Japan’s best ski resorts, where skiers of all levels will enjoy a variety of terrain, great lifts and first-class facilities. It’s a particularly good choice for families thanks to the compact base area, services and activities for the kids, and fantastic beginner and intermediate slopes. If you strike Appi on a powder day, you may be lucky enough to experience the dry and chalky “Aspirin Powder” Appi prides itself on. Whether you’re flying down the groomers, deep in Japanese pow, or having fun with the kids, you’re highly likely to experience first hand the resort’s tagline “Be Happy in Appi”.
Read more about Appi Kogen and other hotels in the area.
- 5 restaurants
- 2 bars
- 1 coffee shop
- ski storage
- sports club
- heated swimming pool
- squash court
- equipment rental shop (Salomon station/ski & snowboard rental)
- convenience store
- game corner
- beauty salon
- massage therapist
- Wifi in public areas
- Wired internet in hotel rooms
- public hot spring
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Hotel Appi Grand. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.