- Weekly wine tasting in the cellar
- Fully equipped sauna and wellness area
- All if its cosmetics are the hotel’s own brand and made from local herbs
- The way guests are being taken care of and the staff go an extra mile to ensure guests requests are met
- The location; perched right on the slopes
- Quiet and peaceful atmosphere
- Not ideal for young couples who want to enjoy the party scene in Lech
- Accessible via a cable car and parking is only available in Lech
- “Dine Around” option which means you can choose which of the four hotel restaurants you will dine in, or you can opt to dine out of the hotel and in two different restaurants in Lech
- All day child care included in the rate
- The “Path to Happiness” menu for those who like to eat healthy and food cooked to a specific healthy regimen
A 4-star hotel located in Oberlech and perched right on the slopes, the Goldener Berg Hotel is a great choice for those who yearn for some peace and quiet, and are not concerned about being in the center of action in Lech. Although the hotel structure dates back to 1430’s, it was in 1928 that the history of the Goldener Berg Hotel began. Throughout the years, the ownership of the hotel changed hands until 1965 when the Pfefferkorn’s, an old Lech family, took over the hotel. Today, the hotel is run by Daniela Pfefferkorn.
The hotel has 40 rooms ranging from single room Flühen to chalet suites. Starting at 25m2 for a single room, they’re ample in size and balconies on most rooms add even more sense of space. Most of the rooms are done with a simple contemporary style with splashes of bright colors, a variety of fabrics and finished with lots of wood, making the rooms feel fresh, light, sunny and airy. They’re not overly luxurious, but certainly nice. Some of the small single rooms are rooms are unrenovated.
The hotel has four restaurants where you can enjoy your half-board meals. Its main restaurant which is for fine dining, the barbeque terrace is where you can savor grilled barbeques while enjoying a panoramic view, the Dirndlstübli parlor is the place to dine if you are craving for Austrian cuisine and specialties, and Scout’s favorite the Johannestubli which has been awarded by the famous GaultMillau restaurant guide for its superb cuisine. If you have opted for the half-board rate, you can actually “dine around” in any of the four restaurants located in the hotel as well as two in Lech which have a partnership with the hotel. The hotel has a lobby bar area which was recently refurbished in a modern alpine style and is a great place to relax, catch up with your reading, or have a chat with some of the guests.
The Goldener Berg’s wellness area is fully equipped with saunas and steam baths, indoor pool and outdoor whirlpool, fitness and gym, and a relaxation area.
The hotel caters well to younger guests. It has its own kid’s club, where children from 3 year old and older can enjoy their own activities (indoor and outdoor) supervised by kindergarten teachers. They also provide other great amenities, such as baby monitors which you can leave with reception while you dine at the restaurant, ensuring that you can sit back and relax, knowing that your little one is safe.
Although the hotel is set in a very beautiful spot up on the slopes of Oberlech, it will require you to use a cable car to enjoy the numerous bars and restaurants in the town of Lech. You can’t drive your car to the hotel but there are parking areas in Lech where you can leave your car. Depending on wait times, it takes you a total of about 20 minutes to the main street of Lech by the cable car. This might be a negative for some people but if you want a peaceful and quiet vacation, away from the busy main street, you just found your paradise in Goldener Berg Hotel.
The hotel is ideal for families who will love the hotel’s children facilities and for older couples who are not particularly concerned about the party scene in Lech
Goldener Berg Hotel is located in Omesberg and perched right on the slopes in a ski-in ski-out position. The main street of Lech is accessible via a cable car and the hotel is connected to the cable station by a series of underground tunnels. It takes a total of 20 minutes to reach the hotel this way.
Lech is a charming village and excellent ski resort in the Arlberg ski area of Austria. It truly has something for everyone.
Read more about Lech and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- arcade/game room
- babysitting or childcare
- barbecue grill(s)
- beach sun loungers
- beach umbrellas
- beach/pool umbrellas
- children's club
- coffee shop or café
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- computer station
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- express check-in
- express check-out
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- full-service spa
- health club
- indoor pool
- luggage storage
- meeting rooms
- multilingual staff
- number of buildings/towers - 2
- number of floors - 3
- number of indoor pools - 1
- number of meeting rooms - 2
- number of restaurants - 2
- parking (limited spaces)
- pets allowed
- pool sun loungers
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski passes available
- ski storage
- ski-in/ski-out access
- smoke-free property
- spa services on site
- spa treatment room(s)
- spa tub
- steam room
- supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- total number of rooms - 40
- tours/ticket assistance
- wedding services
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4 PM Check-out time is noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: EUR 16 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 20 per pet, per day
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Goldener Berg. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.