- Great location between the slopes and the main street
- Friendly, cheerful staff
- Hotel staff will make restaurant reservations for you and will happily suggest places to try
- Only some rooms have a full bathroom with shower
- There are free laundry facilities
- There is no elevator however staff will help guests with bags
Staying at Elizabeth is a Japanese experience which may pose challenges to some travellers. Read our story about Staying in a Japanese hotel.
Elizabeth is a clean, moderate hotel in Nozawa Onsen well located between Oyudori, the main street, and the Nagasaka Gondola. Elizabeth Hotel is a few minute's walk down the hill from the slopes (five minutes uphill in the morning). With friendly staff, a cosy reception area with fireplace, a selection of games and complimentary tea and coffee you will feel right at home at Elizabeth.
Elizabeth has a variety of room types, including Japanese tatami rooms, western twin rooms and combination Japanese/western rooms. All rooms have toilets and a sink, while some rooms also have a compact capsule style shower unit. The rooms are simply decorated and there are no TVs, but they are a decent size and have enough storage space for 2-3 people and all their ski gear. The western rooms have been updated from 80's pastels to white linens which is a rarity in Japanese hotels of this standard, though they are still fairly standard and the western twin beds quite small. Most rooms have views of the village, surrounding buildings while a few have glimpses of mountains. The hotel’s hot baths (which are not natural onsen) are simple and small, but certainly a pleasant enough place to take a long soak after a day on the slopes!
A western breakfast is served for all guests and while simple, it is plentiful and will fill any skier up enough until lunch time. There is free wifi throughout the hotel.
Elizabeth will suit families, groups and couples who are looking for well located, good value accommodation in Nozawa Onsen.
My Family stayed at Elizabeth for a week in January 2019. We found the staff to be very friendly, have good English and helpful booking restaurants for dinners. The rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained. The hotel is well positioned as it’s only a short 5 minute walk up to the lifts or 5 minutes down to the village. The included breakfast is a basic western style buffet, but more than enough to fill you up for a morning of skiing. We loved Nozawa Onsen and would highly recommend Elizabeth as a place to stay. Charlie, Sydney, Scout Customer 2019
Elizabeth Hotel is located half-way between the slopes of Nagasaka Gondola and the Main Street, making it convenient to everything in Nozawa Onsen. It is about a five minute walk up the hill to get to the slopes (and fortunately down hill at the end of the day!). It is about a 5 minute walk down to the main street.
- <5 min walk to lifts
About Nozawa Onsen
Nozawa Onsen is perfect for skiers because it features a fantastic ski mountain, a traditional and thriving village and an abundance of hot springs. Cute and authentic, Nozawa Onsen provides the classic Japanese ski experience.
Read more about Nozawa Onsen and other hotels in the area.
- Reception desk during business hours
- Lobby area with lounge and wood fireplace
- Books and board games
- Hot Bath (not natural onsen)
- Free washers and dryers
- Ski storage and drying room
- TV in lobby area only
- Western breakfast
- Gift shop with ceramics made by the owner
Arrival Details: The hotel does not offer a pick up or drop off from the local bus station. The hotel is approximately a 7 minute walk up the hill from the bus stop. If you are arriving by bus we recommend catching a taxi from the information centre opposite the terminal.
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Children aged 0-3 years are free of charge. Please contact Scout for an updated quote based on the ages of those travelling.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Elizabeth. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.