- Great mountains or ski slopes views from many of the rooms
- Sato and his family who are very friendly and accommodating
- The artwork by various family members
- Fantastic Teppa Room bar
- Awesome location Right across the Ichinose Diamond Ski area
Chalet Shiga is the perfect choice for skiers who want to be a close walk away to the ski area. It has a traditional European style exterior and its interior is a fusion of east and west. It is a family owned and operated hotel that has been serving skiers from all over the world for about 46 years. Sato the owner and his family are always present to assist you with all your needs. Sato is an excellent host and can speak very good English which is a relief for guests who can’t speak a single word of Japanese!
The hotel has 50 rooms ranging from Japanese rooms to western quadruple room. The combination Japanese room features twin beds and a tatami area. For skiers traveling in a group, Scout recommends the western quadruple room which is very spacious and has four beds. Many of the rooms have balconies and have great views of the ski slopes or the mountains. The Japanese rooms are smaller and equipped with a toilet only but they’re comfortable and cozy. All the rooms are very clean and well-maintained.
The hotel has an on-site restaurant which serves a Japanese buffet breakfast with some western dishes. You can also have a Japanese set-menu dinner in the restaurant but you have to make a reservation. One of the best features of this charming hotel is its Teppa Room bar, a funky, friendly and cozy bar (one of only two in the Ichinose Village) where you can have your drinks, and mingle with the locals and other guests. It the area’s most popular après ski bar as it opens at 3 pm until 11 pm, and earlier during the weekends – though we wouldn’t go as far as calling it “raging”. It has eight beers on taps and serves a variety of dishes.
The hotel has a basic onsen with natural hot spring waters. It is big and can accommodate a large number of people without feeling cramped.
Chalet Shiga does not only have the perfect location, it has perfect gracious hosts who will make you feel right at home, excellent views, and a very relaxed atmosphere.
The hotel is great for couples or group of friends who are not fussy and who do not need 4 or 5-star accommodations, and who want to be near where the action is.
We had a great time at Chalet Shiga in Jan 2018. The hotel is very well managed by a lovely English speaking family. It is positioned well, close to the only available restaurants and offers ski hire. With great snow we took full advantage of ski in ski out. A great Onsen on site and the breakfasts are a good mix of Japanese and western. Dinner is very good and everything is reasonably priced. If we return to Shiga Kogen we will return to Chalet Shiga! - Mark, Scout Customer 2018
From Chalet Shiga it’s just a short walk uphill to the heart of the village. It is across the ski slopes and lifts of the Diamond Ski area. The bus stop from Nagano is a few steps away.
- Short walk to lifts
About Shiga Kogen
Shiga Kogen is an intermediate groomer lover’s paradise. It’s one of the biggest (and highest) ski areas in Japan with 21 mostly interlinked resorts scattered among five valleys. There’s a variety of accommodation in Shiga Kogen, much of which is ski-in ski-out. It’s the perfect place for families or couples who love cruising and who want to explore somewhere different to the masses of Australians. Just be ready to bring out your Japanese phrasebook from time to time!
Read more about Shiga Kogen and other hotels in the area.
- All guests may be required to give their full name, age, passport number, postal address, nationality and occupation on or prior to check-in, in compliance with Japanese Law.
- Property is non-smoking.
- Cots (cribs) and highchairs can be requested at time of booking and are subject to availability and an extra charge.
- Guests accept responsibility for damage to the property, fittings, furniture, keys and other chattels caused during their occupation, including any consequential losses incurred.
- Credit card details and authorization may be required to be provided upon prior check-in as a security deposit.
- Check-out is 10AM. Late check-outs may be possible on a request basis and a charge applies.
- Parking during winter months is severely restricted and must be requested and confirmed for each booking if required.
- Children aged 2-6 years are 50% of the adult charge. Please contact Scout for an updated quote based on the ages of those travelling.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Chalet Shiga. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however we cannot guarantee it.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all amounts quoted are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.