- The rooms are beautifully designed with soft, natural colors.
- From the higher rooms you will be able to see views of either the slopes or the mountain.
- There is an onsite ski concierge with rentals.
- The hotel includes indoor and outdoor onsens.
- Some rooms come with their own private onsens.
- The hotel is not totally Westernized – there are enough Japanese touches to make you feel like you’re in Japan.
- All of the rooms have only king single beds (no doubles, queens or kings). The suites can have king beds.
- The hotel's restaurant Hirafuzaka is a relaxed isakaya style restaurant
- The hotel’s own shuttle van will take you around the village, including pick ups and drop offs at the ski lifts.
- Breakfast is included in the room rate.
- Massages can be arranged in your own room.
If you are heading to Niseko for a relaxing and luxurious ski holiday but want to have a few more Japanese touches than most of Niseko's westernised hotels, then you should definitely consider staying at the Chalet Ivy.
Built in 2012, Chalet Ivy looks like a standard hotel from the outside – almost like something out of the Mediterranean. This hotel is not what we’d describe as a ‘chalet’, and there’s nary a sprig of ‘ivy’ to be seen. But the moment you walk through the front door, the décor works to create an ambience that’s peaceful and pleasant.
The décor could be described as ‘Japanese contemporary alpine’ – with a lot of pale wood and neutral tones. This tasteful and luxurious look continues through the lobby and into the rooms, which are generously proportioned. The suite rooms all have a living area that’s separated from the bedroom and the bedrooms mostly feature king beds or split king beds. They also include a small kitchenette, although you would struggle to cook a large meal as they just have a microwave and sink. Some suites also boast a private onsen for added luxury.
The apartments on the upper levels have fantastic views – some that, on a fine day, allow you to see all the way to Mount Yōtei. (Please note that the Superior and Junior suite rooms are on the second and third floors, which means their views are obstructed by other buildings).
Chalet Ivy offers many excellent services and facilities that other properties in Niseko don’t. These services include shuttle vans, ski rentals, indoor and outdoor onsens, and a 24 hour concierge. The small lobby lounge also has some comfortable couches around an open fire, where guests can enjoy some delicious mulled wine on the house.
The service here is professional and efficient, with a mix of Japanese and Western staff.
Couples who are looking for Japanese influences, luxury and full-service facilities in a highly convenient location.
Chalet Ivy is located a very short walk from the ski lifts, and it’s also only about 4 minutes away from the Welcome Center. Public ski shuttle services (to Hanazono and other ski areas) leave from right outside the door. Hirafu’s many great restaurants and bars all extend from right outside the front door.
You can find a map of Niseko village here.
- Short walk to lifts
Whether you’re a powder hound seeking some of the lightest, driest snow in the world, or a beginner looking for a safe place to take your first turns, Niseko is a hit.
Read more about Niseko and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour front desk
- free wi-fi
- laundry facilities
- ski shuttle (complimentary)
- Indoor/outdoor onsens
- private onsen for rent
- fitness room
- Ski lockers
- Ski Rental
- massage treatment room
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Chalet Ivy. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.