- The ideal location of The Buttes just steps from the base area and resort facilities
- Outdoor hot tub with mountain views
- Multi-level lofted style makes the condos feel nice and spacious
- Each property has a fireplace to cosy up around
- There are a variety of property levels that you can choose from: 2 Peak, 3 Peak & 4 Peak. These range in terms of style and furnishings.
- It's about a 5 minute walk down to the bus stop to head downtown
- Washer & dryer available in every unit
- Some have spiral staircases which can be tricky for smaller kids
The Butte Condominiums boast wonderful multi-level lofted-style units, with great access to the slopes of Crested Butte ski resort. With just a short walk to the edge of the Buttes property you will be able to ski your way down to the main base area where you can access the Red Lady lifts. This also means you can easily nip back for lunch or snacks during the day, to warm up little hands.
The benefit about the condos here at Buttes is that you have everything you need for a comfortable self-catered stay, while still being close to the village to take advantage of the many great bars, shops and restaurants. Each condo comes complete with a full kitchen, a lounge with a fireplace to cosy-up around, a private balcony and even washer/dryer facilities. The condos also include a foyer where you can store your ski gear, this saves traipsing off to another ski storage location before starting your day. Bedding does vary between each condo, however, most have a king or queen bed in the master bedroom, with singles or bunks in the second and third rooms, ideal for families of all shapes and sizes. Scout loves the multi-level and lofted style of the condos, which make them seem more spacious and allow for more natural Winter light (the views aren't that bad either!). The bedrooms are located on the upper levels, with great mountain or village views, plus the carpeted spiral staircase is a hit with the kids. Choose from great studio condos, perfect for couples and small families, or two bedroom condos for a bit more space for the whole family.
As each unit is individually owned, the decor and furnishings may vary from condo to condo. You can however use the condo rating system to pick the right unit for you - 2 Peak, 3 Peak and 4 Peak, with the latter boasting the most up-to-date appliances, kitchens, bathrooms, and furnishings.
The one thing that sets Buttes Condominums apart from the others in Crested Butte is its location - perched slopeside, you can ski-in/ski-out from the actual condos on the bottom level, plus you're super close to the ski school, Adventure Centre, and resort restaurants and bars. Just a few minute's walk down the driveway is the Crested Butte free local bus stop, which can take you into downtown for more dining and shopping options.
The Buttes Condominums is a fantastic Crested Butte lodging option and is perfect for families who enjoy ski-in/ski-out access and proximity to all of the resort facilities.
Who should stay here
The Buttes Conodminiums are great for those seeking simple, self-catered accommodation in Crested Butte with ski-in, ski-out access to the Silver Queen and Red Lady ski lifts.
The Buttes Condos are located at the base of the Crested Butte mountain resort with ski-in, ski-out access to the Silver Queen and Red Lady ski lifts. They are situated around 200m uphill from the amenities of the base area but there is also a ski shuttle service.
Find a great map of the Crested Butte Ski Resort area and location of the Butte Condos here.
- Ski-in Ski-out or slopeside
About Crested Butte
Crested Butte, with its steeps looming above gentle beginner slopes, is the perfect playground for more adventurous families where luxury is not necessarily important. They’ll mix quite happily with ski bums who come to the resort for its expert terrain and a laid-back, hippie personality. Its historic downtown area is incredibly picturesque - old Victorian mining buildings surrounded by steep mountains with some fantastic restaurants and bars. Excellent ski school, impeccable grooming, and good variety of accommodation rounds out the reasons why Crested Butte is a terrific choice for a ski holiday.
Read more about Crested Butte and other hotels in the area.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Buttes Condominiums. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.
Subscribe to the Scout newsletter - a regular roundup of news from the slopes and magazine articles.