- The lodge has been awarded 3 Green Keys for its sustainability efforts.
- Located not far from Banff on Tunnel Mountain, the setting is natural and peaceful.
- The rooms have a wonderfully rustic country club feel to them.
- Every room has a wood-burning fireplace.
- The Premier rooms have vaulted ceilings and claw-foot bathtubs for the ultimate in romance.
- It is a bit far to walk to the hotel from downtown Banff. But it’s only a $5 cab ride (or the $2 shuttle comes every 20 minutes).
- Getting to the outdoor hot tub could be a little chilly in a bathrobe.
- Expect to see wildlife around the property.
- For a romantic dinner, head to the Sleeping Buffalo.
- Morning pick-me-up is a must at the on-site cafe.
Buffalo Mountain Lodge is the place to stay in Banff if you are looking for a peaceful and romantic mountain getaway. We love this property, not just because of its wonderfully rustic and cozy rooms, but also because the price is just so on par with or better than many of other fairly properties in Banff.
Sure it doesn’t have a downtown location, but in a way that is what makes this place all the more special. It’s located amongst the woods on Tunnel Mountain, just a five minute drive or bus ride away from downtown Banff.
Buffalo Mountain Lodge has a central building that houses the reception area, bar and two restaurants. Think country club style with deer antler chandeliers and log furniture. But unlike so many other properties in North America that attempt the mountain rustic look, here it works.
We also really like the cozy bar area which has lounges, a crackling wood fire and plenty of space for people to spread out. While nearby, the Sleeping Buffalo restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with reputedly good food and decent prices. It’s the type of fare you would expect from a mountain lodge: steaks, salmon, caribou and lamb. Yum. The lounge area is perfect for a relaxing glass of wine in front of the fire with your loved one.
All of the rooms at Buffalo Mountain Lodge are scattered throughout the 9 acres in cabin-like buildings, a short walk from the main lodge. They all have a wonderfully cozy feel to them, with warm colour schemes, dark wooden furniture and wood-burning fireplaces (that are restocked and remade every day by housekeeping). The Standard and Double rooms (or Lodge Rooms) are nice, but the Premier rooms are wonderful, particularly the ones on the top floors as they have vaulted ceilings and bathrooms featuring claw-foot bathtubs. Bedding is flexible throughout, so there is always an option for small families and groups. The Buffalo Rooms and up feature a small kitchenette which includes a stove top, fridge and microwave (if you feel so inclined to dine in).
There are some additional services here too, such as an impressive steel outdoor hot tub, room service, full concierge facilities, a small gym and free Wi-Fi.
The Buffalo Mountain Lodge is perfect for couples and families who seek the additional hotel amenities, and a more secluded ski vacation.
Buffalo Mountain Lodge is great for couples seeking a relaxing and romantic mountain getaway, and who don’t mind being just a little out of downtown Banff.
Buffalo Mountain Lodge is located about a 5-minute drive from downtown Banff. There are also public busses that go to town. Although not totally necessary, we would recommend organizing your own transport to make things easy if you’re staying here.
Find a great map of the Banff downtown area and location of the Buffalo Mountain Lodge here.
- On or close to public shuttle route
- Own vehicle needed
Banff is a happening ski town situated in what would have to be one of the most scenic mountain locations in the world. With three great ski areas all within easy driving distance, Banff is the perfect base from which to explore this part of the Rocky Mountains.
Read more about Banff and other hotels in the area.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour front desk
- breakfast available (surcharge)
- complimentary newspapers in lobby
- computer station
- concierge services
- dry cleaning/laundry service
- express check-out
- fireplace in lobby
- fitness facilities
- free wi-fi
- free self parking
- luggage storage
- multilingual staff
- picnic area
- room service (limited hours)
- safe-deposit box at front desk
- ski storage
- smoke-free property
- spa tub
- steam room
- You must present a photo ID when checking in.
- Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.
- Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival.
- The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking.
- Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
- Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4 PM Check-out time is 11 AM
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Deals & Packages
Thank you for your inquiry. A copy has been emailed to you. We will scout out availability and rates for your selected properties and get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
There are currently no pre-set packages at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. To create your own package use the Room Selection booking process and one of our agents will get back to you to confirm availability and add your extrasSelect Room
Check Package Availability & Rates
You will need to contact us to check availability and rates for this package (this does not confirm the reservation). Please take a moment to complete and submit the request form below. We will then contact you directly to confirm the details and if you wish to proceed we will arrange your reservation.
Please tell us if you'd like to tweak the package to change the dates, number of nights or number of people. And if you'd like us to add in any extras just let us know, anything to make your snow holiday simpler and more enjoyable. < Back to Packages
Scout Booking Terms & Conditions
- Availability: Booking of all packages & accommodation is subject to availability at time of confirmation of package option by customer.
- Rate includes: All associated taxes. Some hotels charge extra fees for parking, cots, rollaways etc. Such fees can be confirmed on request based on your requirements.
- Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: 25% of the full amount is due WITHIN 7 DAYS OF CONFIRMATION to secure the booking.
- Final Balance: Invoice will be issued for the remaining balance 80 days prior to departure. PAYMENT IS DUE 70 DAYS PRIOR to departure. Failure to pay by 70 days may result in the auto-cancellation of accommodation by the accommodation provider or late payment fees.
- Bookings within 70 days: Full payment is required within 7 days to secure the booking.
- Variations: In some circumstances suppliers may have different payment policies to the above. Additionally some Early Bird deals require full payment by or soon after the book-by date. In these instances Scout will clearly communicate any variances prior to confirmation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable once received.
- For balance payments made within 70-45 days prior to the trip the deposit amount is non-refundable.
- No refund for total amount for cancellations 45 days or less prior to arrival and no-shows. In unexpected, unfortunate circumstances (family death etc) Scout will work to negotiate with the supplier for a full or partial refund, however this is not guaranteed. We recommend taking travel insurance to make sure you are covered. Cancelling due to weather, missed travel connections or lack of snow is not considered an unexpected circumstance and is one of the risks you must wear as part of taking a ski trip. Unless the supplier has a snow guarantee or weather cancellation policy, Scout will not refund any part of the package due to these factors.
- Variations: Please note that some hotels may have stricter policies (such as no refund within 60 days) and we are required to pass on these policies. We will communicate any varations to the above cancellation policy prior to confirmation of booking.
- Changes Policy:
- Once bookings are confirmed and deposit is paid service fees will apply for every amendment to existing elements, late final payment and travel document re-issue in addition to fees charged by suppliers
- In a few instances we purchase products through third party providers. If you change part of your package whilst at a destination, the 3rd party provider may have a different refund policy to that of the supplier in the destination. Wherever possible we will work to recover any refunds that come from a change at the destination, however it is not guaranteed.
- Surcharges: Scout does not charge any additional fees for the booking. Prices quoted are for cash (bank transfer) payments only. Credit card payments (Amex, Visa or Mastercard only) will be subject to 1.8% surcharge.
- Booking Currency: Scout will quote and charge in one currency of your choice from AUD, USD, CAD, JPY, EUR or GBP only.
- Currency Exchange Policy: If you book an international destination all remaining balances are subject to change (based on currency fluctuations) until the final payment has been processed. This can go either way (if your currency gets stronger you will be invoiced less!). We will confirm at the time of invoice what the final amount is, based on the exchange rate at that time. Should you wish to pay the balance earlier (prior to when it’s actually due) to secure that current exchange rate you are welcome to request the final invoice at any time. Once payments have been made (deposit or final balance), no refunds will be given for changes in the amount of what that payment would be, based on currency changes at any time prior to your trip.
- Travel Insurance: Once your booking is confirmed, we strongly recommend taking out travel insurance as it will often cover the cost of cancelled reservations.
For any questions regarding booking terms & conditions please email: email@example.com
Available: This selection is currently available for this price. Once you submit an inquiry our agents will confirm your booking via email and send you an invoice for a deposit. You will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking.
On Request: Our agents need to confirm availability of this room. Once you submit a request we will endeavour to get back to you by the next business day to confirm availability (some properties may take longer). If prices are listed they are the exact prices for your dates, room selection and room occupancy. Where prices are not listed we will confirm the price when we confirm availability. In either instance, you are not committed to your selection until after we confirm availability and price. Once you agree to that confirmation, you will be sent an invoice and will need to pay a 25% deposit within 7 days (unless otherwise specified) to secure the booking. If your requested room is not available, we will present alternative options.